Med Lab Scientist II 32 hrs Nights ($7 shift differential) Framingham
MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Location: Town of Framingham, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2105010501
GENERAL SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the supervisors of Chemistry and Hematology and also to the Administrative Laboratory Director and indirectly to the Regional Administrative Director of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TECHNICAL â�� Performs laboratory procedures in one or more areas of the Core Laboratory: Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis and minimal Microbiology. Work in accordance with the departments Standard Operating Procedure to produce accurate results and complete testing within designated turn-around-times (TAT). Calls critical results to appropriate person(s) in a timely manner. Perform instrument maintenance and Quality Control with the ability to troubleshoot equipment and document results under the guidelines of the Quality Assurance program. Ensures that all equipment is clean and operational at all times, and that the work area is clean and safe. Must be able to read and understand policies and procedures. Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
2. COMMUNICATION â�� required reading includes emails and responding as necessary. Also required to read and understand posted information. Communicating with colleagues to ensure proper work flow of specimens, etc. Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation. Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential (HIPAA). Answers and responds to patient, physician and vendor questions and concerns.
3. QC/QA - performs, evaluates and results Quality Control (QC) for both automated instruments and manual testing. Understands when to notify senior technologists or supervisors when QC is not in range. Completes on-line Midas safety reports for Quality Assurance reporting.
4. DOCUMENTATION â�� Documents Continuing Education, including required on-line courses, as well as Webinars and off-site classes. Monitors annual competencies and works with leadership to ensure all elements are met per CAP requirements.
5. SPECIAL DUTIES - additional responsibilities may be acquired over a period of time. In time, maybe asked to help train new employees. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
1. Frequent standing, walking, and bending during course of duties. Concentrated attention required while performing testing.
2. Frequent exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, reagents, or specimens while performing tests.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. MLS/MT/MLT (ASCP) or equivalent. Completion of an Associates or Baccalaureate degree in a Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Baccalaureate Degree in related science from an accredited school. Meets the requirements and qualifies as a technologist under CLIA laboratory regulations. National certification eligible by ASCP, AMT, or HEW.
2. At least one year of experience as a laboratory technologist, preferably as a Generalist.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.