Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Be part of a team that focuses on developing creative provider compensation solutions for Banner Health. The Provider Compensation department uses independent external market data to objectively evaluate and advise on provider compensation so that Banner Health is making the best long-term strategic decisions to recruit, engage, and retain providers.
As a Provider Compensation Analyst, you will have the opportunity to learn about a niche specialty area that is growing in the market place. In this role, you will work closely with other members of the team day-to-day. You will learn about the valuation of physician compensation, healthcare clinical financial operations, and administration of HR systems. Specific tasks include finical modeling of physician compensation, documentation for compliance management purposes, collaborating with steak holders to foster working relationships.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs a variety of project-oriented tasks to support compensation specific initiatives, processes and standards. Projects and activities include, but are not limited to, ongoing participation and analysis of compensation survey data used as the basis for employee and/or provider compensation. Researches and responds to provider and leadership inquiries regarding employee/provider compensation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares, participates and submits annual compensation survey data to national survey vendors; reviews survey results and prepares a summary of data findings to support the annual compensation review process, including recommendations and decision making efforts.
2. Updates compensation formulas and/or develop compensation formulas and modeling as guided by leadership. May assist with the preparation of the annual budget related to provider compensation by preparing schedules and analyzing data for reasonability compared to current expenses and known changes.
3. Supports Compensation team with maintenance of position descriptions, position identification numbers and salary structures in the HRIS system. This may include troubleshooting for problem scenarios and escalation, as needed, to other internal or external resources to ensure successful resolution. This may also include training of application users.
4. Performs regular and ongoing analysis of compensation programs and practices. Identifies areas of concern and shares with leadership.
5. Utilizes software programs and reporting tools to review and analyze provider performance, including production data, also known as relative value units (RVUs) used to calculate the volume of work or effort expended by a provider in treating patients. Assists with researching and responding to inquiries.
6. Performs data maintenance and audits to ensure data is stored accurately and effectively. This may include serving as a lead on departmental audits; ensures audits are handled timely and effectively through the coordination of others. Assists with documenting desktop procedures and identifying ways to streamline and enhance department processes.
7. Provide assistance on special projects as needed.
8. This position will interface with all members of the compensation team as well as with other departments as related to compensation research or regular data sharing. This position performs a variety of project-oriented tasks to support the development and implementation of large-scale projects and initiatives.
Must possess a knowledge of business or human resources as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, finance/accounting, human resources or related field.
Must demonstrate a good understanding in data reporting and analytics as normally obtained through two years of experience in finance/accounting, human resources or related field. Requires the ability to analyze data and identify patterns and trends. Requires strong attention to detail, commitment to follow through, and ability to work independently following general direction and oversight from leadership. Must have sound verbal and written communication skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.