In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today!
We are looking for a Full-Time Pharmacy Technician II to join our team at North Colorado Medical Center. You will be part of the team making an important impact for our patients. Candidates must have their PTCB certification and CO state pharmacy tech license. Previous hospital experience is preferred, but not mandatory. This tech will be doing sterile compounding, both hazardous and nonhazardous and will primarily work days with rotating evening/nights as well as rotating holidays.
Starting pay rate for this position is $16.61 up to $24.92/hr based on experience and education. Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist. Performs routine duties in packaging, distribution and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Assists in preparing compounded and intravenous medications, total parenteral nutrition products, and chemotherapeutic agents. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. May work with the Pharmacist in processing physician orders for medications by entering information in to the medication management system in an unverified status. May educate, train, and oversee the activities of the Pharmacy Technician, Technician Externs and Volunteers. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Selects and/or prepares medications, under direct supervision, as indicated on the patient medication orders. Places medications in patient boxes or in designated area for pharmacist to check, sends/delivers medications to nursing units as required. May investigate missing medication requests.
2. Charges/credits patients for medications and intravenous solutions as appropriate. Restocks unused and credited returned medications. May also prepare the daily bank deposit and financial reports, maintain databases and troubleshoot automated technology malfunctions.
3. Attends to customers and answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist. May also take requests for prescription refills and obtain necessary authorizations.
4. Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
5. Compounds specialty medication products. Repackages bulk medications into unit of use packaging. Completes accurate documentation of medications compounded and repackaged.
6. Assists in preparing and labeling of intravenous medications including total parenteral nutrition products and chemotherapeutic agents using proper sterile and aseptic technique. May perform quality control activities such as monthly nursing unit inspections and pharmacy section checks in a timely manner. Completes documentation on refrigerator temperatures, intravenous hood cleaning, and equipment maintenance activities as required.
7. May use automated dispensing technology or requisition to restock medications to nursing and ancillary areas after they are checked by a pharmacist. When allowed by law and policy, and upon completion of proper training/competency assessment, may restock automated dispensing technology using barcode scanning verification devices. Restocks medications to all areas outside automated dispensing technology which may include but not be limited to trays, code carts and emergency boxes. Adds users to the automatic dispensing technology database as per policy. Investigates discrepancies in automated dispensing technology.
8. In a Home Care setting: under the supervision of a pharmacist may assist with documentation, tracking reports, IV pump maintenance, medication delivery and documentation collection per current compliance standards.
9. Participates in the following aspects of medication use: selection, procurement and storage, and dispensing. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure (where applicable) and active pharmacy technician certification OR Pharmacy Intern licensure in the state of practice. May be required to posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Pharmacy technician experience. Knowledge of medication management information system software and automated dispensing systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.