Administrative Services Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides clerical and administrative services and assistance requiring occasional discretion and judgment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Word processes correspondence and reports from rough drafts, editing grammar, punctuation, or spelling as needed. This may include taking and transcribing dictation involving general business and healthcare vocabulary and a limited range of specialized terminology.
2. Prepares, collates, and distributes various reports in a timely and accurate manner. This includes completing or handling recurring department projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
3. Screens telephone calls and visitors and directs to appropriate parties. Provides information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of department's area of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices, and operations.
4. Performs confidential administrative functions on occasion where errors could have moderate effect on costs, such as typing, proofing, and assembling reports or proposals for customers or outside agencies and taking, transcribing and distributing minutes of important meetings.
5. May coordinate supervisor's and/or department's calendar, including scheduling meetings and appointments, following established instructions. May coordinate meeting and training classes, registration and preparation of materials, AVA setup, and other classroom preparation. May present classes. May develop meeting/classroom fliers and material and prepare summary data of attendance, etc. may reconcile related invoices and expenses. May arrange travel and hotel accommodations as necessary.
6. May open and screen mail directed to supervisor. Composes responses to routine inquiries, and ascertains which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward appropriate items to manager.
7. May provide clerical and administrative support to department staff, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality on all sensitive information this position is privy to.
8. May maintain supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
9. This position primarily focuses on supporting one supervisor. This position has frequent interaction with, but is not limited to, employees, physicians, patients, visitors, community agencies, vendors, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Working knowledge of clerical and administrative services as normally demonstrated through three years administrative support experience.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital and the Boswell SNF must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with departmental personnel, assist customers with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the clerical and administrative functions described above. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast paced environment and maintain a professional manner.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Associate's degree
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.