The Procedural Scheduler Lead is responsible for managing all aspects of patient scheduling for the hospital. The position has significant communication requirements with practice offices, leadership teams and employees. The job requires excellent communication skills to build collegial relationships with physicians, patients and staff. The position may also require assisting with other areas key to the continuity of patient care.
Responsibilities â�¢ Schedules clinical procedures to promote consistent high-quality clinical care, including scheduling the correct procedure, site and supplies â�¢ Schedules and registers patients via phone interaction to organize, arrange and coordinate patient and facility needs by considering variables as diagnosis, personal resources, equipment needs, patient availability, patient need, duration of treatment, insurance eligibility, safety needs and physician orders â�¢ Partners with facility leadership team to manage capacity utilization. Provides insights and opportunities for enhanced utilization based on day-to-day working and understanding of the procedural schedule â�¢ Responsible for training, development and oversight of other staff that participate in Hospital scheduling, e.g., cross training â�¢ Depending on facility size, may have management responsibility for other schedulers within the Hospital â�¢ Works with business development resources to identify and deliver strategies to improve patient quality, satisfaction and growth. Visits physician offices to identify and solve issues that may preclude effectiveness
Minimum Qualifications 1. High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelorâ��s degree in a related field preferred.
2. Three years of scheduling experience (or related).
3. One year of supervisory experience.
Skills Required 1. Analytical skills necessary to assess and plan for an optimal surgical schedule, review and verify insurance information, research billing problems and compile data for statistical reporting.
2. High level of interpersonal and customer services skills to communicate effectively with various levels of hospital staff, to communicate with diverse populations and to relay sensitive and confidential information to patients, internal staff and a variety of external organizations.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize/prioritize tasks.
4. Manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary to operate hospital computerized scheduling system.
5. Proficient typing, word processing and PC application skills.
6. Knowledge of computer applications, medical/surgical terminology, procedure codes and diagnosis codes.
7. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105020520
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.