JOB SUMMARY The Pharmacist in Training under the direction of a registered pharmacist, prior to registrations ensures the effective, safe and economical use of drugs through the professional application of hospital pharmacy skills and knowledge and serves as a resource for drug information to other health and medical professionals. The Pharmacist in Training supervises and monitors the non-professional duties of technicians including the organization of daily duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE - Monitor patient drug therapy through computerized profile for interactions, duplications, allergies, incompatibilities, therapeutic ranges and adverse reactions and communicates verbally and in writing with medical and nursing staff to ensure appropriate drug therapy.
- Interpret review and intervene with physician orders concerning drug therapy, dispenses medications, and mixes parenteral solutions, and provides pharmacy products and drugs for hospital, clinic, and outpatient departments.
- Serve as a resource and educator on drug therapy for patients, patient family, medical staff, physicians, nurses, and pharmacy technicians as required and as a representative for the pharmacy on hospital or clinic committee meetings.
- Supervise and monitor the non-professional duties of technicians including the organization of daily duties in dispensing, IV's or patient care function, and the use of support personnel in the most cost effective manner in view of the overall department workflow.
- Assist in inventory, purchasing, and quality control of drugs and products and ensures proper charging-crediting of pharmacy product accounts.
BENEFITS Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.