Surgery Schedule Coordinator PRN AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assures that surgical information is accurate and complete and submitted via the computer system to all surgical areas and other department requiring notification, accepts and documents all special requests.
· Verifies all request for specific anesthesiologists and monitors anesthesia schedule for any conflicts, assures effective utilization of the surgical suites and anesthesia time/procedures.
· Utilizes and maintains the standby schedule to replace patient canceled from the daily schedule, communicates planned schedule changes and coordinates requested support services such as imaging.
· Verifies surgery schedule, including patient admission status, in all surgical areas, works varied shifts as requested by manager.
· Calls in the OR teams for MOR, CVOR, WCOR, CWOR and Endoscopy for emergency cases.
· Take call-off for all departments and notify department managers.
· Responsible for after-hours scheduling of emergency add-ons and next day add-ons/changes.
· Contact case cart for emergencies.
· Other duties as scheduled by manager.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Proficient with computer programs with word processing: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Cerner.
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management and outside vendors and medical office staff.
· Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability and willingness to multi task.
· Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature.
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Displays professional interactions with all levels of internal and external customers as demonstrated by work history and interview process.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by application resume, work history and interview process.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successful accomplish the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Graduate or Equivalent
· Minimum of two years of secretarial experience with one year in an acute care hospital setting.
· Proficient in computer and typing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates Degree or Business School certificate
· Experience in an acute care hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION:
i.e. vision, values, etc
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Responsible for assisting with the coordination of the Surgical Suite Traffic and the scheduling of surgical cases for MOR, ODSC, CVOR, WCOR, and Endoscopy.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.