A network with resources for leaders with vision. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of.
A fantastic opportunity at one of the largest well known organizations in Tucson, Arizona the Banner University Medica l Group. We have a great opportunity for a highly motivated executive leader with a proven track record to have oversight of the ambulatory clinics. The Division Administrator, Specialty Servicesfor Primary Care will have responsibility for multiple clinics in internal medicine, primary care, Geriatrics and Palliative Care at multiple locations in the Tucson metropolitan area.
The executive leader must have a strong background with a proven track record in running the academic outpatient ambulatory business, solid in finance, a subject matter expert in operations by leading multiple service lines strategically in partnership and collaboration with Corporate Strategies and growth team. You will have a solid team of staff members to support the volume, care for our patients, their families and the community we serve.
The position requires heavy emphasis on leadership and experience working in academic medicine medical group ambulatory space.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has primary accountability for producing desired results including financial performance, patient loyalty, growth initiatives, and quality clinical outcomes. Builds and maintains positive relationships with employees, medical staff, and the community. Plans, develops, and oversees growth and improvement of ambulatory services in area of responsibility. Provides oversight and matrix leadership of inpatient operations. Ensures efficient utilization of resources, process development, acquisition of technology, and program development consistent with company initiatives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of service line within assigned site(s). Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Responsible for matrix leadership of inpatient operations and partners with inpatient leaders to ensure highest level of effective continuum of coordinated care as possible.
2. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources, quality outcomes, and patient experience meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data.
3. To assure continued growth the position actively participates in tactical, program and operational planning. Participates in community and industry activities in an effort to enhance community recognition of the company and the medical group, and to obtain cooperation and support of the community on issues that impact the medical group. Positively represents the company and the medical group in the community, garnering desired community support. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
5. Develops and maintains positive relations with the medical staff. Promotes collaboration between system and hospital management and the medical staff. Works with the medical staff to assure the provision of high quality patient health care and desired medical management outcomes.
6. Responsible for maintaining financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin) and making appropriate decisions pertinent to capital and technology acquisition (maximizing return on investment).
7. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
8. Oversees, directs, and ensures reporting for the organization required for participation in grant and research funded projects is accurate, submitted timely, and is communicated to key stakeholders of the entity, division, and system.
9. Reports to Chief Operating Officer and works independently providing leadership and direction to the operations of all in-patient and out-patient activities within the Service Line. This position has full managerial scope and authority for employment actions, including coaching, candidate selection, training and development, performance appraisals, work assignments, and disciplinary action. This position also has budgetary responsibility. Interacts with all levels of senior leadership, public relations, providers, medical support staff, and patients, members of the community and potential partners for expansion.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES DIRECTLY REPORTING Manages practice leadership positions. MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING Responsible for matrix leadership of inpatient operations and partners with inpatient leaders to ensure highest level of effective continuum of coordinated care as possible. TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct responsibility for candidate selection, training, development, performance appraisals, work assignments and disciplinary action.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager) Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds. Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment. Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects. Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone. May require off-site travel.
Requires a Master's degree level of knowledge in management, preferably medical group administration coupled with extensive experience in upper management in a healthcare facility, preferably a multi-unit system.
Needs excellent human relations and communications skills to provide leadership and direction in a heavily matrixed organization, along with the ability to manage and coordinate with corporate offices.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.