You have a place in the health care industry. At Banner Health, caring for people is at the core of all we do. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of.
A network with resources for leaders with vision. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the designated operations at multi-facility accountability with over 1140beds. You will serve as a role model to staff across the enterprise providing leadership and development various teams responsible for, implementation and oversight of standards to align with the organizations strategic initiatives.
Recent healthcare executive experience required in a large acute care setting.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for producing desired results associated with service excellence, quality clinical outcomes, and financial integrity for designated operations. Designated operations include multi-facility accountability. This position provides leadership in the development, implementation, and oversight of standards, systems, policies, and procedures in alignment with the organization's strategic initiatives. This position serves as the primary advisor to the organization's senior management team on matters related to designated operations. This position serves as a role model to staff across the system and represents the organization in a positive manner both within and outside the company.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Promotes high performance expectations for the leadership/management team consistent with the aim of improving the experience of care, quality of care and efficiency of care. Directs and ensures the effective identification, recruitment, development, and maintenance of talent for current and future organizational needs in order to achieve goals and objectives. Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Motivates and develops team members and promotes teamwork
2. Directs and oversees financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin), and making appropriate financial decisions for designated operations.
3. Maintains a service excellence and healing culture with high expectations established for positive stakeholder experiences. This culture should create an environment that results in high employee retention and high patient satisfaction. This service excellence culture includes ongoing and meaningful communication with employees to ensure that all staff members are well informed and recognized appropriately. Serves as a leader in developing the Continuous Quality Improvement process, in educating staff and role modeling Service Excellence, and in assisting with cultural transformation.
4. Develops and maintains positive relations with physicians, employees, patients, families, regulatory agencies, contractors, and other applicable parties, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Promotes collaboration among various stakeholders to achieve optimal results.
5. Provides leadership and actively participates in the development and implementation of strategic, tactical, program and operational planning. Utilizes forecasting and planning processes to identify capital and technology acquisitions and program development opportunities which achieve desired growth related to capacity and capability of services offered, ensuring the delivery of services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
6. Implements, through management and leadership staff, a Patient Safety Plan that: fosters an environment that focuses on processes and outcomes rather than individual blame; ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new services; allocates financial, informational, physical and human resources for improvement activities; and assures patient and family disclosure of "untoward outcomes."
7. Maintains on-going communication with employees to ensure that the staff is well informed in regards to the strategic direction of the System. Conducts routine employee forums to inform and keep abreast of the issues that employees are facing and ensures that issues are addressed timely and appropriately to avoid third party intervention.
8. This highly complex role has leadership responsibility for multi-facility performance and operations of the designated operations. Scope of responsibility includes leading operational planning, consistent with organizational priories, to identify and reach short and long-term goals. This position also has overall budgetary responsibility for the administrative functions
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a Master's degree level of knowledge in management, preferably healthcare administration, coupled with five or more years of increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in an integrated healthcare environment or large multi-operational, complex environment.
Proven track record of partnering with physicians to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of operational and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of emerging trends in quality and patient safety. Skilled in coaching and developing direct reports and/or other employees that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive priorities and goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to overall organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives; quickly assessing and assimilating facility and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly and appropriately to changing environmental factors; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the facility and organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative and positive relationships with medical staff, employees, volunteers, the community, and/or other applicable parties; measuring and managing work outputs. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.