Manage Mechanical, Electrical, and Pipe (MEP) trades assigned to the Denver Health (DH) Engineering department. Manages MEP supervisors to include hiring, developing, evaluating, and disciplining. Develops plans to meet or exceed the specifications, safety requirements, and production pace. Performs short and long-term scheduling to maximize the utilization of crews, equipment, and materials. Maintains communication with other departments to ensure goals are being achieved. Promotes customer service initiative by maintaining safe and easy to access facilities.
1. Develops, plans and coordinates projects for MEP.
2. Assigns roles to appropriate staff members.
3. Ensures tasks are completed on time and within budget.
4. Completes and maintains documentation for Joint Commission, OSHA, Air Pollution Emissions Notice.
5. Manage Method of Procedure (MOP) for all utility shutdowns.
6. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
7. Review and advise on MEP requisitions and contract changes
8. Analyze contract documents for constructability, code compliance and functionality.
9. Encourage, Lead and participate in staff training and development.
10. Partners with Construction on projects to provide optimal finished product.
11. Adheres to, complies with, and demonstrates support for the mission and value of Denver Health Hospital Authority.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of facility engineering equipment and terminology
2. Ability to diagnose and solve technical and/or system problems of varying complexity. 3. Able to run reports from maintenance system, interpret data and present information, trends and recommendations to management in a clear and concise manner.
4. Effectively communicate technical information in a discussion or training setting and ensure understanding.
5. Attentive to timelines of systems operations and able to complete work according to deadlines and in collaboration with others
Computers and Technology
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office
2. Proficient in Microsoft Project
3. Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL programming
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, civil engineering, sustainability, or related field required.
2. Four years’ experience as an engineer required.
3. One year in a leadership role required.
1. Driver's License (Required) 2. Professional Engineer License (Required)
Location Denver Health Main Campus - Pavilion A
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Internal Number: 3302
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.