The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Bring your passion for patient care to our Queen Creek practice. Being customer obsessed is our focused. Our Health Center is a very busy fast paced working environment where over a couple hundred patients visit us each day. We are looking for someone not only focused on patients as the number one goal but also a team player. The large front office staff members works very closely as a team to cover and help each other out whenever needed. Bring your detail oriented and multi-tasking strengths to help support our team. Customer Experience Representatives are covering all specialties: (Peds-Geriatrics), and some specialties (Peds, OBGYN, Sports Med) on top of our FM/IM providers. You will be able to utilize your skills with scheduling, prior authorizations, insurance verification, and co-pay collections, to ensure the patient check-in and check-out process runs smoothly.
SHIFT: This is an extended hours clinic, it is open Mon-Thus 7a-7p, Fr 8a-5p, Sat 8a-1p. Mandatory: 1 opening shift 6:30am-3pm, 1 closing shift 10:30-7pm per week, 1 Saturday 8am-1pm per month
This clinic was the Best of the Best center in BMG for 2017 and have several physicians well recognized for their extremely high volumes and high patient experience scores. At Banner Medical Group (BMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is located in a medical clinic or physician's practice and coordinates a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures following established processes, procedures and standards. This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at clinics and physician practices. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance. This also includes accurately posting patients at the point of service and releasing information in accordance with organizational and compliance policies and guidelines. And resolving issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, obtaining necessary signatures and generating population health summary. Assists front office in answering phones, taking messages, prescription refills, locating information and other related duties when necessary. Documents correspondence in the patient's medical record. Updates demographic and insurance information in the practice management system.
2. Receives physician's orders and completes patient registration. Obtains necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals. Works closely with the billing department to ensure accurate coding for all charges. Verifies insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors and documents appropriately. Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations.
3. Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains and provides financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
4. Enters payments/charges for services rendered and performs daily payment/charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork sent to centralized billing for record purposes.
5. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits. Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
6. Provides information and customer service to patients and patient families. Provides information and instructions to patients regarding clinic procedures and services.
7. Performs general office duties such as distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
8. Works under direct supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient's care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience and customer service skills as normally acquired over one or more years of related work experience. Requires the ability to build familiarity with medical terminology and an understanding of all common insurance and payor types. Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, and the ability to work effectively with common office software are required. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and communications skills, with a strong customer service orientation to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Previous medical, financial services and/or customer service work experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R16128
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.