At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
The home base for this position is Sterling Regional MedCenter. The largest city in the northeastern part of the state, Sterling is a farm and ranch community with deep roots on the Colorado prairie. Sterling's laid-back lifestyle makes it easy to explore a variety of outdoor and cultural activities, from boating, fishing and swimming in North Sterling State Park, to hiking, biking, golf, hunting-and-shooting sports or admiring unique public art.
In this role, you will be a facility based Director with responsibility over Patient Access Services functions. This position aligns all of the Western Region Patient Access Services (PAS) teams and have direct reporting relationships with East Morgan County Hospital in Brush, CO as well as Ogallala Community Hospital in Ogallala, NE's PAS Managers. Our Patient Access Services team members are the first faces our patients see when entering our facility, and leading the team to ensure our staff provide excellent care is a top priority! If you enjoy collaborating with others to help bring innovative and exciting change to the organization, this job is for you! In this full-time exempt role, you will work Monday - Friday in a day shift position with possible travel, weekend and holiday requirement. Join Banner Health in this exciting leadership opportunity and apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Sterling Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will provide leadership and direct oversight of the home facility and leadership oversight for the operations of 1-3 Banner facilities. Provide compliance support, system implementation, employee engagement improvement, strategic planning, mentoring/coaching for leadership development, succession planning and expertise to the team. Guide leaders toward team growth, mature leadership and excellence in every area. Provide guidance and support for difficult accounts and/or grievances. Provide alignment in best practices across all three facilities. Partner actively with the CFO and Finance Director for achieving financial performance, implementing new programs, etc. Provide strategic planning and direction. Identify and capitalize on opportunities for cross departmental collaboration and shared efficiencies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides mentoring and clear developmental opportunities to leaders and/or staff. Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully mentor and develop leaders and staff, in order to have a solid succession plan in place. Works as a member of the Facilities leadership team and PAS leadership team to achieve Facility and Company goals. Participates in various facility and company committees.
2. Develops and directs work processes for patient admitting, registration, patient financial counseling, third party patient services authorizations, patient accounts receivable and the collection and processing of funds and payments, in order to realize the facility and system goals.
3. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and performance management. Provide direct supervision responsibilities such as check-ins, ARCs, etc. Lead and mentor two PAS leaders.
4. Develops work goals and objectives for the department in accordance and alignment with company goals; provides measures and feedback, leadership and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals.
5. Analyzes and reports on the performance of the department in meeting goals. Identifies and pursues opportunities for strategic performance improvements; serves as facilitator and team leader in System Process Improvement activities within the department and with the various departments with which it interfaces. Takes action to correct performance deficiencies and/or improve outcomes.
6. Maintains and uses a current knowledge of regulations in guiding policy for the facility and company. Formulates and ensures implementation of Patient Financial Services policies and procedures that are consistent with Federal, State, and Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals Organization (JCAHO) guidelines, and that preserve compliance while minimizing risk of sanction by regulatory bodies. Acts as a knowledge resource on patient privacy regulations and provides Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) education. Safeguards the company's assets and interests.
7. Implements and improves patient accounting system use processes that result in increased efficiency and/or effectiveness in achieving desirable outcomes such as reduced payer write-offs on accounts and improved upfront cash collections. Continually updates the proficiency of staff in the effective use of hospital system software and databases as they relate to hospital billing and registration.
8. Develops, prepares, maintains and adheres to annual department budgets. May prepare business plan for capital requests for major expenditures. Develops and monitors department staffing plans and schedules to insure appropriate staffing levels at all times while remaining within budgeted expense guidelines.
9. At the home facility, this position directs all Patient Access Services processes and team functions. Manage staff and work processes to ensure registrations are accurate, complete and aligned for the facilities, financial information and payments are timely and accurate, third party notification/and authorization requirements are satisfied, and the collection of all patient financial responsibility data meets Federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) guidelines, as well as, other internal and external compliance guidelines. Provides internal and external customers with high quality service experiences. Works independently under limited supervision. Makes independent decisions while considering system process flows, the direction and full function of Patient Access Services for Banner facilities. Participates in facility and system-wide process improvement teams to drive excellent staff and patient experiences. Internal customers include hospital-based physicians and hospital departments. External customers include patients, physicians, general public, third party payors and vendors. Has management responsibility for multiple admitting functions and locations some of which may be 24/7. Responsible for Expense Budget of $500K to $2.5M.
Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent professional experience with CHAM certification.
This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of similar management experience in admitting and registration practices and a proven ability to manage to the desired outcomes in the patient financial services functions. Highly effective interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills are required. Significant technical and moderate managerial experience typically gained through 4 to 7 years relevant experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS CHAM certification is preferred. Expert knowledge of CAH operations, strategic planning, leadership development and mentoring. Demonstrates executive presence. Demonstrated ability to present materials to direct reports, peers and executive level leadership.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5163
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.