Banner Pharmacy Services division consistently provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives.
The support center at Chandler pharmacy is a combined front end and call center department that is part of the mail order pharmacy. This department processes prescriptions, assists with financial assistance and prior authorizations, and makes inbound and outbound calls with patients and other healthcare professionals throughout the workday. The processed prescriptions then go to the fulfillment center to be filled, packed and shipped to patients.
This position is responsible for managing our support center department. This includes frontline pharmacy technicians, pharmacy technician leads, and a technician associate manager. This position will be responsible for day to day operations of the support center and maintaining accreditation and compliance standards for the pharmacy. Candidates should have a minimum of five years leadership experience in a pharmacy front end or call center setting and process improvement. Program development and project management skills are preferred.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the leadership oversight of pharmacy technicians and other assigned employee responsibilities, and includes direct supervision of supervisors and/or individual contributors. This position is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and organizing the onboarding, training, scheduling and day to day operations activities of pharmacy technicians and other assigned employees. Performs and leads administrative tasks as assigned. Ensures the functions of assigned employee staff are consistent with all applicable accreditation standards, federal laws and regulations, state laws and regulations for all states in which the pharmacy maintains licensure, and Banner Health policies and procedures. Ensures adequate staffing according to workload while maintaining expected productivity levels. Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external business partners.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees pharmacy technician and other assigned employees operations in collaboration with supervisors, system and service-line leadership. Establish and operate supervisor and staff development plans to ensure continued professional growth of staff members. Organizes training sessions and assists in the instruction of all technician personnel to maintain required competencies.
2. Engages supervisors and frontline staff and other resources to optimize individual and pharmacy performance. Fosters a positive and productive working environment.
3. Maintains compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, all applicable federal and state laws (multiple states) and accreditation standards through development, management and implementation of policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, staff training and auditing.
4. Responsible for the ongoing currency, accuracy, and completeness of assigned departmental policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures in assigned work areas. Recommends and seeks feedback regarding needed policy and procedure revisions. Works in coordination with the appropriate oversight teams to develop and revise policies and procedures, and standard operating procedures as necessary.
5. Oversees hiring, evaluating, recognizing, and disciplining the pharmacy technicians/supervisors. Is responsible for scheduling interviews for potential new technicians/supervisors. Assists in the interviewing and selection of all new technicians/supervisors. Conducts all performance appraisals in a timely manner. Is responsible for recommending and issuing corrective action as required.
6. Manages performance and service levels including but not limited to: operational, financial, service, and patient-safety performance levels for both internal and external customers. Builds and supports effective relationships with assigned internal and external stakeholders and organizations.
7. Participates in the development, growth, and maintenance of all assigned business areas, as directed by departmental leadership. Establishes team goals and tracks performance against goals. Participates in team, department, or system projects or committees as assigned. Leads team, department, or system projects as assigned.
8. May be required to perform all aspects of the job responsibilities for assigned employees.
Minimum of Associate's Degree in business, health care, or related field required.
Must be a licensed pharmacy technician and technician certification in applicable state or obtain within 90 days.
Minimum of Associate's Degree in business, health care, or related field with pharmacy technician experience including a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience, OR pharmacy technician experience including a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience. Must be a licensed pharmacy technician and technician certification in applicable state or obtain within 90 days. Must possess a strong knowledge of pharmacy business operations. Must possess strong project management expertise. Experience anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers. Skilled in building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; developing strong, enduring, and trusting relationships; fostering the development of cohesive teams; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context. Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word required, good verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in business, health care, or related field Experience with management of system-wide projects that are large scale and complex.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 01/11/2019
Internal Number: R10392
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.