Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This position supervises operational, technical, and personnel activities associated with Environmental Services. Manages department use of labor, supplies, vendors, inventory levels and other controllables within budget guidelines while assuring optimal service to all clinical and non-clinical departments within the hospital/facility.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supervises operational, technical, and personnel activities associated with Environmental Services. Manages department use of labor, supplies, vendors, inventory levels and other controllables within budget guidelines while assuring optimal service to all clinical and non-clinical departments within the hospital/facility.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises all Environmental Services personnel and daily work in assigned areas throughout medical center campuses and other associated buildings in an effective, efficient manner that enhances service levels while providing appropriate control of expense budgets, staffing and the effectual resolution of interdepartmental and personnel problems. Processes and maintains records of accounts payable, supplies received, equipment maintenance, and other department business.
2. Maintains a competent and motivated staff through appropriate selection, scheduling, training, coaching, evaluating, and terminating of personnel. Maintains department records relating to personnel matters and in-service education.
3. Performs daily patient rounding and inspection of assigned areas to assure hospital standards for cleanliness are met. Works in conjunction with infection control department to meet all standards. Provides education and ensures staff compliance with all hospital safety and regulatory guidelines.
4. Schedules special projects and monitors equipment and furniture moves for all hospital departments; tracks inventories and movements in computer software program. Coordinates services for major housekeeping requests, such as construction planning, event planning, and all emergency-related facility responses.
5. Works with patients, nurses, physicians, department leaders and other professional and non-professional staff members regarding environmental services requests, infection prevention, service resolution opportunities, and other interdepartmental matters. Provides timely follow-up for information to requesting departments. Communicates and consults with management in other facilities on best practices.
6. Makes recommendations, devises, plans and implements, procedures, and enforces department policies and procedures in conjunction with leadership. May perform the functions of the staff.
7. Departmental/facility responsibility. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are patients, visitors, vendors, other company facilities, and non-company medical facilities. This position provides input and has involvement in system/facility taskforce/committees.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver's license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities typically gained over three or more years of diversified healthcare or similar institutional Environmental Services experience, including extensive knowledge of leadership, staff training, customer service, computerized staffing and inventory principles and practices. Effective organizational, communication, and human relations skills are necessary. Must have a thorough working knowledge of floor care maintenance (hard floors and carpets) and the machinery and chemicals used. Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of patient care area and room cleaning, as well as surgical suite terminal cleaning as defined by established standards. Must possess knowledge of hazardous waste procedures and regulations, Standard Precautions, and JCAHO standards on Infection Control and Environment of Care. The ability to research and compile statistical reports and to compute basic mathematical calculations is essential.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Two or more years of experience at a supervisory level is preferred. Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software skills are preferred. Previous successful experience conducting job training, and focus on continual quality and service improvement is strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6019
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.