JOB SUMMARY: The Program Manager will communicate on a regular basis with the Immunization Safety Office (ISO) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to manage the program. They will work with other CISA contractors to ensure efficient execution of a) weekly clinical case conferences, b) workgroup calls to discuss issues of vaccine safety, and c) conduct of clinical research studies. This will include coordination of agenda development, conference calls, letters to healthcare providers, assembly of subject matter experts, and frequent communication across the study team. The Program Manager will also draft monthly technical reports to CDC ISO and ensure clinical case review data are accurately archived in the CISA REDCap Database. .
The Vanderbilt Vaccine Research Program was formed in 2001 to conduct clinical and translational research in vaccines, vaccine preventable diseases, and pediatric infectious diseases. Led since 2014 by Dr. Buddy Creech, Associate Professor of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, the mission of the VVRP is to reduce the burden of infectious diseases worldwide through the discovery, evaluation, and delivery of effective and safe vaccines and therapeutics.
Our vision is that tomorrow will be better than today .
Current projects include:
Prevention of seasonal and avian influenza infections
Dissecting the immune response to influenza vaccination through systems vaccinology
Defining the immune response to Staphylococcusaureus colonization and disease in children and adults
Determining biomarkers of pneumonia severity in children
Evaluating new and existing vaccines for pathogens such as influenza, S. aureus , pertussis, CMV, rotavirus, HPV, pneumococcus, and Group B streptococcus.
Evaluating new therapies for S. aureus and C. difficile .
Pharmacokinetic studies of beta-lactam antibiotics in special populations, such as critically ill adults and patients with cystic fibrosis
Investigating issues around vaccine safety, including vaccination of at-risk populations.
The VVRP also serves as a resource to providers in the area for issues related to vaccine safety through the CDC-funded Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) Network.
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
1. Plan and lead the bi-weekly conference calls with CDC and the other contract sites and subject matter experts.
* Obtain all medical records for each vaccine adverse event.
* Line up subject matter experts to attend each review as needed.
* Prepare case summary files and PowerPoint presentations for each clinical review.
* Distribute pertinent clinical information for each review.
* Maintain confidentiality among subject matter experts including managing the confidentiality agreements for each review.
* Provide detailed clinical minutes for each clinical case reviewed.
* Prepare response letters to referring healthcare providers after input from multiple subject matter experts and CDC project officers.
2. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for program management and deliverables.
* Use standard operating procedures for each case review.
* Ensure all reports and deliverables are submitted in a timely manner.
* Prepare yearly progress report for CDC and summary information for annual meeting.
3. Prepare monthly technical and expenditure reports and assist with yearly budget modifications.
* Draft and finalize monthly technical reports demonstrating work performed.
* Update the expenditure template each month to show effort as well as any non-personnel expenditures.
* Work with the pre-award team on the yearly budget modifications as well as any other project proposals under this parent contract.
4. Provide oversight of the REDCap tracking database, including oversight of research intern(s) supporting the project.
* Ensure each clinical case has all data points included in the REDCap tracking database.
* Ensure data points (>200) for each case (approximately 40 per year) are captured accurately and completely.
* Recall and summarize REDCap data as requested for any CDC inquiries.
5. Assist in preparation of additional requests for Task Order Proposals (RTOP) for CDC-funded specific safety projects.
* Create template for RTOP response based on the statement of work.
* Assemble component parts of the technical proposal and provide guidance for the budgetary needs for the business proposal.
* Assemble and format biosketches.
* Submit the RTOP proposal electronically by the submission deadline
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience required.
Internal Number: 2007266
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.