Under the supervision of the Director of Prenatal Diagnosis and the Office Manager, performs obstetric and gynecologic diagnostic ultrasound exams. Assists with the invasive procedures as needed. Directs, coordinates and controls testing activities in the unit or at remote sites as requested. Produces clinical reports based on data resulting from diagnostic ultrasound exams.
• Operates ultrasound unit.
• Assists with invasive procedures using ultrasound guidance.
• Communicates with the multidisciplinary clinical team on technical aspects of patient care.
• Participates as an active care team member in the coordination of patient care.
• Provides excellent customer service for patients/families/representatives and other members of the treatment team.
• Performs ultrasound evaluations in accordance with AIUM protocols and departmental standards.
• Evaluates images/findings to rule out abnormalities and communicate findings according to departmental standards.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Training/Support • Knowledge of modern diagnostic sonography.
Communication • Ability to communicate effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing.
• Accurately communicates verbally and in writing, diagnostic indicators to medical staff.
• 2 years of Clinical experience in an Allied Healthcare related field - REQUIRED
• AMA Allied Health Background - REQUIRED
Education & Certifications
• American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Certified
University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc. (UFJPI) has supported the University of Florida Physician Practice in Jacksonville and other northeast Florida and southeast Georgia communities since 1971.
UFJPI provides a wide range of business services to one of the largest mixed-specialty practices in the southeastern United States, consisting of over 300 physicians working in 30 clinics. UFJPI is an exciting and challenging place to work. The organization's employees work alongside nationally and internationally renowned physicians who are engaged in teaching and research as well as providing health care.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.