Provides professional care to all persons needing their services by producing high quality diagnostic radiographs under the direct supervision of a Radiologist. Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and applies principals of radiation protection and safety. Provides services to patients of all ages at a high competency level.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
1. Responsible for radiographing patients, breast imaging procedures, bone densitometry scanning, mobile mammography patient care, and quality control.
2. Turns on equipment; all equipment is turned on at the beginning of each shift according to the requirements of each machine.
3. Performs screening mammography, diagnostic mammography, bone density studies , stereotactic & breast ultrasound procedures in a professional manner.
4. Take precautions to protect the operator of the equipment, the patient, and individuals in the surrounding areas from unnecessary exposure to radiation.
5. Determination of the area that will receive the primary beam (breast positioning), proper compression, and technical factors.
6. Dose and image quality. Exposure levels, resolution, contrast, examination identification criteria, artifacts, and average glandular dose (AGD) per view.
7. Employee responsibitlies concerning proper use and storage of personal radiation monitors
8. Proper use and maintenance of equipment. Use of operators manuals including a discussion or summary of image receptors appropriate for use with mammography, and the KVP/target-filter combination to be used with each image receptor
9. Set-up and work under sterile procedures technique when doing stereotactic procedures
10. Make sure films are of good image quality
11. Fills out patient assessment form and explains procedure to patient then ask if patient has any questions
12. Processes breast ultrasounds in pacs so that they are accessible to be read by the radiologist
13. Assumes responsibility for doing daily QC on bone density machine and stereotactic table & also performs procedures on both units
14. Performs daily bone density QC
15. Perform daily stereotactic QC
16. Assist QC tech on performing QC test / checks on machine as time allows
17. Checks images for positioning and clarity immediately after and retakes unacceptable images as necessary
18. Calls Radiologist when performing Diagnostic or Coned/Mag films for final approval to release patient.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.