The Instrument Technician is responsible for all aspects of instrument care as well as the maintenance of the sterile processing area and proper functioning of sterile processing equipment.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other clinical areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
1. Cleans, decontaminates, sterilizes and maintains instruments in good working condition
2. Assures all instrument trays are assembled properly and content is correct
3. Documents and maintains sterilizer load information
4. Documents and maintains sterilizer Biologic testing records
5. Maintains all sterile processing equipment
6. Maintains supply inventory in the scrub sink area
7. Assist with preparation and cleaning of operating rooms between patients
8. Performs other duties as assigned
9. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
10. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
11. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
12. Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
13. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. Minimum 1 year experience
Special Skills and Knowledge:
1. Care and handling of surgical instruments
2. Use of sterilizers
3. Monitoring the sterilization process
4. Proper loading of the sterilizer
5. Proper handling of sterilized packages
6. Principles of Universal precautions
1. Ability to function as a member of the surgical team 2. Compliance with the attendance policy
3. Compliance with continuing and mandatory education programs
4. Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities change
Physical/Mental Requirements for Position:
1. Ability to read and write (legibly)
2. Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
3. Ability to understand and resolve simple problems
4. Ability to understand simple instructions
5. Ability to constantly walk, stand, and/or lift
6. Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
7. Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient
8. Ability to see and hear and distinguish color
9. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
10. Ability to function independently without constant supervision
11. Must maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance.
12. Must successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.