Champion growth by working closely with VUMC system leadership and clinical providers to support VUMC's strategic platform and provide market/physician intelligence and recommendations. Assist with the initiation of program development by participating in the planning and rollout of regional growth programs in targeted areas. Be a voice for and speak to the physicians on behalf of VUMC by providing a platform for issue identification and resolution, real-time physician and referral source intelligence and clinical utilization, and reporting and tracking. Work with leadership to help develop an effective sales program and that can be scaled throughout the entire system. Provide interviewing support and mentoring for physician sales team.
1. Identify and hire for vacant physician sales positions
2. Work with human resources to change the compensation structure of physician sales positions
3. Determine and validate need for physician sales positions for geographic and service line coverage
4. Work with analytical teams and leadership to determine referral sources by prioritized services for Growth, Maintenance or Reduction focuses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop strong relationships among the VUMC employed medical staff and community referring physicians and office staff in order to gather and provide strong market intelligence for VUMC senior leadership.
2. Strategize with VUMC senior leadership on topics for intelligence gathering. Plan and target intelligence gathering to help formulate strategy and specific program development/expansion that will maximize the hospital's ability to support growth within its service lines and medical programs.
3. Participate in the development and planning of regional programs and outreach strategies for the rollout of these programs to targeted physicians and senior leadership.
4. Facilitate the identification of opportunities among the community referring clinicians for ways the hospital may increase collaboration through practice acquisitions, program partnerships, and program development.
5. Uncover issues and barriers that physicians and office staff may be encountering when trying to utilize medical center. Ensure hospital operations support the retention of physician utilization and growth of physician referrals (e.g., ease of access; IT connectivity) by offering solutions to help facilitate better usage of VUMC services. Speak on behalf of the VUMC senior executives with only general parameters of theme and topics.
6. Create and maintain up-to-date databases to warehouse competitive field intelligence and store information about physicians targeted for regional outreach program growth. Provide training for leadership and administrative staff to maximize database usage.
7. Organize and lead standing growth meetings/forums for system growth team leaders to align physician interaction and growth strategies. Emphasize through consultation with/training of hospital management and staff, the importance of organizations physicians and the direct correlation to earning their referrals.
8. Provide opportunities for Physician-to-Physician networking to improve patient channel management by holding events for physicians to meet each other to establish referral patterns.
9. Support new physician on-boarding and orientation process to improve their transition to VUMC and to ensure that they have a deep understanding of VUMC to make an educated choice to utilize organization services.
10. Foster an ongoing relationship with acquired physicians, even after their initial orientation phase, to help identify continuous opportunities for partnership and program development as well as to keep a pulse on the overall health of these important relationships.
12. Partner with employed physicians to retain patients within the VUMC systems of care.
13. Work with system leadership to help facilitate and support system wide sales summits that provide education and help develop/sharpen sales skills to be utilized effectively out in the field. Identify speakers and effective sales tools for content at these sales summits.
14. Provide mentoring and training for new physician sales representatives. Help provide standardization for sales programs across the system.
15. Establish sales targets by physician and/or programs, in collaboration with service line and regional operations, and develop plans to achieve those targets based upon the hospital's strategic growth initiatives and goals. Manage a budget for the sales program.
16. Partner with marketing and business development staff to develop materials and strategies to support sales activities. Develop standardized sales planning tools to include metrics and measurement methodology that evaluate the effectiveness of sales efforts, reliability of forecasting, and replication of best practices.
17. Track and manage sales reports in the database management tool. Contribute to operational and management reports and provides a means for routine reporting to the hospital and divisional leadership team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration, Business, Sales or Marketing * Ten (10) years of progressive healthcare sales experience, five (5) of those in a leadership role overseeing multi-site business growth initiatives
PREFERRED: Master's degree in Health Administration, Business, or Economics
Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Outlook, Sales contact management software (e.g. Salesforce.com)
About the Department
The department has 6 liaisons with an assistant. The department coordinates and initiates outreach activities to both existing and potential referring physician offices on behalf of VUMC, Departments and individual providers. It also administers in partnership with Health IT Vanderbilt Health Connect, VUMC referring physician portal.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1911366
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.