Under the limited direction of the attending physician or designee, obtains and records patient medical history; performs physical examinations; orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans. Performs routine invasive procedures; performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Educates and counsels patient and family members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery, and other related areas. Participates in the management of patient's care, determining need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Preliminary history and physical exam
2. Daily patient visits for routine follow-up
3. Initial nursing and/or medical diagnoses for acute and chronic health care problems to be accompanied by physician consult
4. Ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests
5. Prescribing treatments, including medications, within the scope of delegated prescriptive authority.
6. Medication reconciliation
7. Preparation of preliminary discharge summary
Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations Joint Commission requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. Registered nurse licensure to practice in the state of Michigan.
2. State of Michigan Nurse Specialty Certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
3. Master's degree in nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner training program.
4. Two years clinical experience as a professional nurse.
5. National certification in advanced practice nursing specialty from one of the following certification bodies:
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
ï¿½ National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses (NCBPNPN)
ï¿½ National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric & Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing Specialties (NCCOGNS)
ï¿½ American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
6. Eligible for approval of privileges to practice within the Detroit Medical Center as an Allied Health Professional through the Detroit Medical Center Medical Staff Organization. Application for Allied Health Professional credentialing must be submitted to the Detroit Medical Center Medical Affairs Office upon hire.
7. In accordance with State of Michigan administrative rules R338.10403, "Only nurses certified in a nursing specialty field may hold themselves out to the public as nurse specialists using the title nurse anesthetist, nurse midwife, or nurse practitioner. Conduct contrary to this rule is deemed a violation of sections 16221(g) of the act." Therefore, prior to obtaining national certification in an advanced practice nursing specialty and State of Michigan Specialty Certification as a Nurse Practitioner, the title nurse practitioner may not be used and newly graduated nurse practitioners will be hired under Graduate Advanced Practice Nurse job description.
1. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
2. Interpersonal, educational and clinical skills necessary to teach or counsel patients, families, healthcare providers and the community.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue and perform leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
4. Creative thinking, self-direction, problem-solving and decision-making abilities and skills.
5. Clinical expertise, theoretical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to perform principle duties and responsibilities.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905041155
About DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.