The Director, Healthcare Analytics leads and directs the reporting function of the Analytics team, ensuring that strategic objectives are supported and enterprise demand is met. This position partners with key leaders to understand operational goals and conceptualizes how the reporting team can support and enhance those initiatives. The Director also collaborates with the Executive Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics to formulate strategies to ensure the tools and team expertise are both comprehensive and innovative. The incumbent possesses the ability to facilitate difficult conversations, garner support, apply a holistic and Lean approach to problem solving, is innovative and challenges the status quo.
* Directly manage a team of 3 managers and 2 advanced analysts and indirectly lead a team of 17 analysts, ranging from entry level to advanced. Regularly provide feedback and cultivate opportunities for professional development.
* Provide guidance to 25+ analysts embedded across the enterprise to ensure data integrity and standardization of all analytic requests.
* Create and support a culture of employee engagement, accountability, innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency.
* Partner with Executive Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics to plan and execute enterprise-wide analytic projects and initiatives.
* Partner with enterprise leaders to create, modify and maintain a reporting team and associated workflows that meets the needs of the business. Makes recommendations and oversees implementation to ensure high levels of efficiency and customer service, as well as standardization.
* Develop and monitor key performance indicators. Provide regular feedback to team on progress and hold team accountable to results.
* Drive and promote innovation. Challenge the status quo and applies holistic approach to customer’s current and future needs, strategic business direction, and industry needs.
* Develop and maintain a fundamental understanding of clinical and business functions related to operational workflows and the EDW structures needed to drive the analytical strategy.
* Contributes expertise to technology planning, selection, and upgrade discussions and decisions as they relate to data and data management.
* Maintains strong controls related to data quality and integrity and embed this in all delivered products.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
* Seven or more years of progressive management and leadership responsibility specifically within healthcare Information Technology, including in-depth experience with data management, information architectures, and data reporting tools preferred
* Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, manage, and motivate people to achieve high levels of performance, including other IT professionals, technical staff and vendors.
* Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated use of project planning, budgeting and technology methodologies.
* Solid understanding and technical knowledge of along with significant experience with databases, data schemas, SQL and similar reporting systems, data warehouses, report visualization tools and common data manipulation tools.
* Working knowledge of the Epic system architecture highly desirable.
* Working knowledge of SSRS, SAP Business Objects and Tableau highly desirable.
* Proven ability to plan, organize, and deliver projects in accordance with agreed schedules and budgets.
* Superior ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to health information technology issues.
* Excellent written/oral communication, interpersonal and motivational skills with keen attention to detail.
* Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Exceptional service orientation and ability to motivate staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Experience with electronic health records, health information systems and health care applications.
* Proactive attitude, fast learner, and team player.
Internal Number: MEM003663
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.