Position Summary: Responsible for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Facility Safety Program for residents and staff. Insures compliance with all State and Federal licensing regulations. Promotes adherence to the organizational customer service culture.
Primary Duties 1. Knowledge of HDMHCD policy/procedure, nursing certification requirements for own and other positions. Ensures that self and other apply nursing principles, techniques and practices according to HDMHCD policies and procedures. Promotes professional environment of care.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of Title XXII, OBRA, and JCAHO requirements applicable to SNF/CDP. Demonstrates competence in the care of all age groups in determining each residentï¿½s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and activities. Residents are treated with sensitivity according to their needs and age.
3. Maintains current Professional License and appropriate CPR Certification and provides facility with a copy of these documents in a timely manner to ensure practice is covered by active License and Certification at all times. Ensures education is up-to-date especially in areas of Specialty.
4. Knowledge of Residents Bill of Rights and Elder Abuse reporting regulations. Observes Residents Bill of Rights and reports incidents of elder abuse, if indicated. Ensures supervised staff is also aware of and follow these regulations. Ensures self and staff carry out their duties in a manner sensitive and appropriate to age, (primarily adults and older adults) culture, religion, gender, and equal orientation of the residents.
5. Controls the environment to prevent hazards and cross infection by observing HDMHD policies and procedures. Follows HDMHCD policies and procedures pertaining to preventing hazards and cross infections. Ensures alternatives to physical and chemical restraints are attempted before use of physical and chemical restraints. Is familiar with MSDS information sources and acts as a resource for supervised staff.
6. Communicates with Physicians, our own and other Medical facilities, other departments within the district, CCC staff, residents, family members and visitors, to ensure a professional two-way flow of information regarding resident care and other issues. Assesses residents that CCC staff or family members have concerns about, and makes appropriate decisions that demonstrate sound nursing judgment and decision making skills. Communicates regularly with the Director of this and other disciplinary issues.
7. Carries out on a daily basis, as needed: ? Complies and ensure others comply with all resident privacy and HIPPA requirements. ? Collects data for MDS purposes ? Collects data for Performance Improvement ? Utilizing Pharmacist Report, communicates with Physician to correct and clarify orders as needed. ? Ensures resident care plans are appropriate and up-to-date ? Participates in quarterly review of medication administration. ? Obtains consents from appropriate responsible party. ? Ensures DPAC/Advance Directive/POLST wishes carried out in accordance with CCC policy and procedure. ? Provides or delegates appropriately, resident and family education and training ? Completes Incident and Opportunity to Improve forms ? Participates in weekly utilization review meetings ? Arrives and leaves work timely. Follows HDMHCD Human Resources policies, especially regarding dress code, call off policy, breaks, lateness and sleeping while on duty.
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience: ? Current California Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) ? BLS Certification
Job: Rehab/Long Term Accute Care/Skilled
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905034510
About Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.