Oversees financial processes, payroll and/or administrative responsibilities for an area under occasional guidance. May act as the area liaison for human resources functions and general guidance or support.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt is where you'll find health care designed around your whole health: mind, body and spirit. Integrative medicine goes beyond just treating your symptoms. It's an approach to care that empowers you to be active in your healing and lifelong wellness.
Integrative medicine uses proven, research-based therapies such as yoga, acupuncture, mind-body counseling and massage that work with traditional medicine to help you achieve better health. Our therapies work with your traditional medical care so you can live more fully, cope better with medical conditions and be more engaged in your own health.
O ur practitioners are physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologists, health coaches, physical therapists, acupuncturists and massage therapists who believe that being well is so much more than getting cured. We provide the expertise and compassion you expect from Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Integrative medicine is changing medical care for the better. We are one of only six Osher Centers for Integrative Medicine in the world.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Defines and achieves financial targets for the area(s).
Develops and coordinates departmental personnel administration.
Ensures the most effective operation of the area through program development and management, process improvement and coordination of processes across functions.
Participates in planning and budget preparations and communicating budget calendar.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CLERICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE (ADVANCED): - Clerical/Administration is a skill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (INTERMEDIATE): - Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and procedures.
OPERATIONS PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE): - Anticipates resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate processes.
COMPLIANCE (INTERMEDIATE): - Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
BUSINESS RESULTS (INTERMEDIATE): - Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction, and stewardship.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.