1 - 2 CDE roles open: 1 bilingual (Spanish-English) speaker and 1 English speaker
Healthiby (www.healthiby.com) seeks an engaging and bilingual Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) to coach and support individuals with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes in online coaching sessions.
Healthiby is on a mission to improve health outcomes via financial incentives and social support. We’ve created a software application for setting participant goals, track progress and allocating rewards for the achievement of key milestones and a coaching program that engages type 2 diabetics and prediabetics in learning about better managing their conditions and supporting each other.
We’re a social enterprise, which means that our company exists to have impact as well as to generate revenue. More specifically, our business objectives are aligned with our participants: if participants’ health improves, our company grows.
Participants join Healthiby and participate in goal-driven contests and online group coaching, and have the opportunity to earn rewards by participating in both.
Coaches are the face of our program. Beyond coaching, they are also effective ‘moderators’, ensuring that participants are tracking their progress towards goals in our software application and sharing enough information on their health and wellness to receive useful coaching tips.
Unique Aspects of the Role
• Remote: conduct coaching sessions from anywhere in the U.S.
• Flexible hours, compatible with other full- or part-time jobs: work just a few hours a week or take on more groups as we grow; the choice is yours
• Ownership: we are looking for independent-thinkers who are able to “own” the coaching sessions, including taking responsibility for the levels of engagement and success of the group, and drive continuous improvements with us in our processes
• Cutting-edge: this role offers a forward-thinking CDE the opportunity to be at the forefront of behavior change via technology, where financial incentives and social support & education combine to empower people to achieve holistic, long-lasting lifestyle change
As a member of our small and growing team, you will:
• Educate, support and engage Healthiby participants in learning to better manage their diabetes and prediabetes (including nutrition, psychosocial challenges, behavioral aspects, stress management, physical fitness, weight management, medication, insulin, etc.) so that they can improve their health outcomes and quality of life
• Confident in abilities to engage and motivate through in-person and online sessions
• Facilitate mutually-supportive and fun environment among participants in group sessions
• Contribute to and review the formulation of recommended nutritional/dietary, fitness, weight management and hemoglobin A1C goals
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of our coaching program
• Prepare for sessions by reviewing and verifying individuals’ self-reported progress weekly
• Record qualitative and quantitative information on participants in our administrative platform
• Track and/or monitor qualitative and quantitative progress towards behavioral and outcomes goals, including but not limited to the impact of nutrition on goal achievement
• Deliver progress updates and feedback on participant experience and coaching effectiveness
• Support marketing and outreach activities as needed
Qualifications & Skills Required
•Certificate of Diabetes Education (up-to-date)
•Bilingual in Spanish and English (1 role) or English only (1 role)
•Available 3-10 hours a week (weekday evenings and/or weekends)
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
•Strong problem solving and organizational skills
•Passionate about helping people make meaningful lifestyle changes
•Excited about utilizing various technology tools to deliver online coaching
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 001
Healthiby is a wellness rewards solution for people who have type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. We're based in Houston, but we're a virtual company.
We are on a mission to improve health outcomes via financial incentives and social support. Using our software solution, participants track progress towards personalized goals and earn rewards for achieving food, fitness, weight and A1C targets.
While RDs and CDEs could utilize our software and incentive program to boost retention and accountability in their own practice, we also provide virtual coaching online.
We're looking for a proactive, passionate, knowledgeable and fun diabetes educator to join our team!
BACK TO TOP
You are about to leave NRHA’s website and go to an external website.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.