Delivers nursing care in the Post-Operative Care Unit (PACU) to patients entering the postoperative phase of treatment, responsible for assessing the patient's condition and readiness for discharge.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other clinical areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
1. Ensures that the PACU has a clean and therapeutic environment for all patients at all times
2. Ensures supplies and equipment needed are available and in good working order
3. Admits the patient to the unit and monitors recovery from anesthesia and surgical procedure
4. Makes initial assessment and determined the nursing needs of the patient
5. Follows and implements physician's orders and performs all required nursing activities
6. Explains nursing procedures and actions taken to help reduce anxiety
7. Identifies patient's physical and mental status
8. Monitors the patient's medical condition and reports any significant changes to the admitting physician or anesthesiologist
9. Documents accurately in the patient's medical record the care received and the progress in the recovery process
10. Assures that the patient fits the documented criteria prior to discharge
11. Gives patients and family members emotional support as necessary
12. Performs other nursing duties as assigned
13. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
14. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
15. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
16. Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
17. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
1. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing or vocational school
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.