Job Posting : May 20, 2019, 6:56:50 PM Closing Date : Jun 21, 2019, 4:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: John H. Stroger Hospital
The Director of Plant Operations leads a team to ensure the overall operations of the hospital for Plant Operations and is responsible for managing and organizing the operations of the facility including maintenance and grounds keeping while maintaining compliance with all applicable codes, standards of government and regulatory agencies. Maintains all appropriate records related to proficiency testing performance and corrective actions implemented. Directs and monitors John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospitals compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards including, but not limited to, College of American Pathologists (CAP), Joint Commission, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Maintains records of all accreditation and certification functions and documents
· Chairs the Hospital Utilities Management Committee and attend other related sub-committee meetings as required; monitor the planning process and contribute ideas that will assist in effective management of the department.
· Maintains knowledge and remains current with reading blueprints and understand Life Safety Code, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards and OSHA Regulations.
· Must have an understanding of Ohm's Law and refrigeration theory.
· Plans, directs, and supervises all administrative and technical aspects of the Plant Operations Department
· Facilitates communication between the Plant Operations and other hospital departments to enhance services
· Maintains services in accordance with standards established by the hospital, federal, state, and local standards
· Develops, reviews, and manages the activities of self and other personnel in the department
· Participates in all hospital committees which impact the Plant Operations Department with specific responsibility on the Safety and Infection Control Committees
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degrees from accredited college or university (official transcripts are due at time of interview)
Five (5) years of Hospital Plant Operations Management experience
Certified Healthcare Facilities or Certified Plant Maintenance Manager (proof due at time of interview)
Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration, or Facilities Management from an accredited college or university
Seven (7) years of Hospital Plant Operations Management experience
Prior Director level experience
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.