Responsible for supporting the Volunteer Program Coordinator and Youth Program Manager in the development, implementation, coordination, supervision, facilitation and evaluation of the summer Junior Volunteer Program.
This position reports to the Youth Program manager and works closely with the campus coordinator of Volunteer Services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the planning, development and preparation of the summer Junior Volunteer Program
• Is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the summer Junior Volunteer Program
• Is responsible for the direct supervision and guidance of summer Junior Volunteer Program participants
• Is responsible for coordinating and completing end of program participant evaluation •
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
• Assist with implementation of Junior Volunteer Program participant orientation
• Perform daily planning and preparation of the Junior Volunteer Program at assigned campus
• Create and monitor the weekly Junior Volunteer participant schedule
• Manage program record keeping, file management
• Support and guide participation and involvement of each Junior Volunteer Program participant
• Consistently monitor and round on Junior Volunteer Program participants
• Act as main point of contact for Junior Volunteer Program participants
• Facilitate and maintain ongoing communication with all Junior Volunteer program participants, including communication regarding schedules, program questions, attendance, incidents, etc.
• Facilitate on-going communication with hospital departments that host Junior Volunteer participants
• Facilitate on-going communication with Youth Program manager and Volunteer Services Coordinator
• Assist with planning and coordination of weekly educational program days
• Create and maintain documentation related to the Junior Volunteer Program, including attendance, incident reporting and discipline.
• Plan, coordinate and implement recognition and/or end-of-program events
• Participate in the creation and implementation of the end-of-program participant feedback survey
• Any other duties as assigned to support Junior Volunteer Program success
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrated communication skills: competence in written, oral and electronic communication (interpersonal and technological).
• Demonstrated listening skills.
• Aptitude for engaging with the target population (Teens 14-18 years of age)
• Demonstrated organizational skills and strong problem- solving skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and team building skills and a cooperative attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, set priorities, multi-task and provide problem resolution.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Genuine appreciation for the value of service in life experiences
• Ability to attend Intern Orientation Day (mandatory) and work a consistent daytime schedule for the duration of the summer program.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree candidates or recent graduates in education, community development, youth programming, health care administration, nonprofit administration, communications or related fields required.
First-hand volunteer or service experience desired.
Experience leading educational, camp or enrichment activities for youth and teens preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment and throughout the hospital setting.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER MEDICAL CENTER: (GMC), located Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.