Position supports the department's patient care mission and staff flexibility goal through maximization of cross-training effectiveness. The individual in this position is qualified to fulfill high quality nursing care, hemodynamic monitoring. Fulfills this responsibility in the provision of assigned direct and indirect quality patient care in accordance with the mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. Responsible for functioning in cross-trained areas of the Outpatient radiology Department at CLIC which may include.
- Ensures assessment of patient prior to procedure which may include vital signs, screening for any contraindications to scheduled procedure/exam, allergies, medication reconciliation, and any previous exams.
- Restocks and prepares prep room in a proactive manner.
Recognizes when coworkers are in need of assistance and consistently offers help when own workload permits, or finds someone else who can assist.
2. Adheres to hospital/departmental safety guidelines, including radiation badge compliance.
3. Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in decision-making regarding patient care.
4. Introduces self / calls patient by name, identifying patient by name and DOB / makes comfortable with surroundings.
5. Completes and documents assessment for scheduled procedure/exam.
6. Obtains and verifies lab results/allergies; communicates and documents findings with radiologist if required.
7. Administers medication based on individual patient needs if required.
8. Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care.
9. Communicates with patient's family keeping them informed of patient's status.
10. Compliant with and supportive of hospital/departmental policies.
11. Maintains a professional attitude and performs duties acting as a true team player.
12. Plays an integral part in infection control including equipment / room cleanliness.
13. Adheres to hospital / departmental safety guidelines including radiation badge compliance.
14. Acts as an educator prior, during and after procedure/scan, teaching /answering patient /family questions, providing reassurance and addressing concerns.
15. Educates patient / family and answers questions regarding all aspects Out Patient Radiology procedures/scans.
16. Identifies barriers to learning.
17. Assessment and teaching incorporates functional needs, and cultural/ethnic factors.
18. Obtains knowledge of and demonstrates compliance with Infection Control policies and procedures.
19. Practices Standard Precautions in patient care activities.
20. Practices appropriate disease specific isolation as required.
21. Appropriately handles and disposes of sharps.
22. Communicates effectively with physicians and health team.
23. Coordinates nursing care with other disciplines involved.
24. Assures the rights of the patient/family are respected and maintained.
25. Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
26. Identifies self by name/title to patient/family.
27. Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
28. Understands role of and how to access the Ethics Committee.
29. Establishes presence of consent prior to treatment/procedure.
30. Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently administer medications, intravenous therapy and basic fluid management.
31. Understands actions, side-effects, contra-indications of drugs.
32. Follows five "rights" of medication administration.
33. Adheres to medication policies, practices and standards.
34. Administers medication, intravenous therapy and fluid management only under physician order/guidance.
35. Demonstrates knowledge of unit/departmental specific policies and procedures and the ability to safely and competently use unit/departmental specific patient care equipment in the delivery of quality patient care.
36. Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
37. Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
38. Uses medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's operating guidelines.
39. Reports potential equipment/user error incidents to supervisor/manager.
Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology
Minimum of one year experience in Critical Care, Cath Lab, Radiology, Med. Surgery, E.R. Previous Radiology/Special Procedure experience highly desired.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.