Job Summary The HISTOLOGY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT is responsible for performing various histology lab duties, including processing specimens, organizing workload, staining slides and assisting in other areas of the histology lab as needed. Is responsible for producing quality patient care through Laboratory Services to patients of all age groups.
1. Receives, identifies, and accessions tissue specimens. Provides accurate patient information on specimens and slides, uses computer system to provide accession numbers and records on all surgical specimens. Communicates with various departments within the laboratory and/or hospital to acquire specimen information.
2. Performs laboratory procedures by manual or automated methods in accordance with instructions in the section procedure manual and defined standards of performance, including the cutting and staining of frozen sections and the embedding of processed tissue.
3. Works the Quality Control bench to include the verification and accuracy of processes performed and documents results daily.
4. Maintains block and slide library to include filing and computer entry.
5. Maintains the internal Quality Control process daily by performing and recording maintenance of equipment, including tissue processors, stainers, cryostats, embedding stations, ovens and eye wash stations.
6. Delivers slides, specimens or any other items necessary to the appropriate department.
7. Answers telephone and follows through with requests, takes messages, transfers calls and/or investigates situations as needed.
8. Stocks supplies and helps with maintaining supply inventory.
9. Performs a variety of assignments related to the morgue, including cleaning autopsy able and instruments after the completion of an autopsy.
10. Participates in proficiency testing programs as required.
Internal Number: 2018-13711
Let’s transform healthcare together.
Every day, we bring patients convenient, coordinated access to healthcare while providing meaningful service to our community.
Join us and you will:
Develop professionally and achieve your career goals
Enrich your life with a focus on wellness
Enjoy a compassionate, caring culture with outreach to our local communities
Support the well-being of you and your family with a diverse portfolio of benefits
Welcome to HonorHealth.
We are a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. Our organization encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 10,500 employees and 3,100 volunteers, urgent care centers, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.