RN Team Lead/Clinical Shift Leader, SICU, FT-Nights
June 26, 2018
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
· The SICU unit specializes in caring for a critically ill patient population that may include liver, kidney, or pancreas transplants; as well as head, neck, thoracic, urologic, and GI surgical patients. Our primary focus is to provide our diverse patient population with excellent care related to any elective, urgent, or emergent major surgical intervention, as well as procedures that negatively impact normal hemodynamic stability. This is typically the immediate post-operative phase, but may also include the diagnostic, pre-operative, and extended post-operative phases of care. Our nurses work closely with the SICU physicians and nurse practitioners to provide care for patients with multiple system organ dysfunctions, ventilators, vasoactive drips and other therapies to ensure optimal sedation, analgesia, cardiac, and hemodynamic function. Our nursing team assists in coordinating the care between the multiple disciplines and physician teams to provide optimal outcomes for our critically ill patients. We pride ourselves on providing excellent patient care, with a focus on reducing the number of hospital-acquired infections from ventilators, central venous catheters, and urinary catheters.
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.