Job Summary Patrols hospital property with K-9 Security dog, screens visitors and performs other activities relating to the safety and security of staff, patients, and visitors. Some activities can involve elements of danger or risk of injury. Protects hospital property against fire, theft, vandalism, or other illegal or unauthorized activities.
In order to be classified in this position, staff member must successfully complete an approved K-9 training program, fully understand and comply with the K-9 Security Program Policy and sign the "Conditions of Employment as a K-9 Security Officer".
Patrols, inspects buildings and grounds, with a K-9 security dog, to watch for and guard against fire, theft, illegal or unauthorized entry, infractions of safety regulations, and other irregularities. Prepares and maintains well-written, complete, and comprehensive reports and logs relating to this accountability. Gives obedience and protection commands to dog as necessary.
2. Assists employees, visitors, and patients as requested. . Accountabilities will include, when necessary, well written, complete and comprehensive reports and logs.
3. Conducts security investigations and assessments. Documents findings and recommends corrective actions and preventive measures. Prepares and maintains well- written, complete, and comprehensive reports and logs relating to this accountability.
4. Acts as First Responder to disturbances/emergencies such as Infant Abduction alarms, fire alarms, panic alarms, intruder alarms, restraint calls anywhere in hospital or on hospital grounds. Must respond to urgent security calls immediately, which may require rapid stair climbing, running/sprinting, moving of heavy equipment and other associated tasks. In the event of emergencies, must take charge of policing to maintain order, safety and to protect personnel and property. Some activities can involve interacting with and controlling hostile, belligerent, aggressive individuals involving some element of danger or risk of injury. Gives appropriate commands to K-9 as situation dictates.
5. Subdues, resisting, aggressive, combative and distressed individuals and when ordered by proper medical authority, and in compliance with hospital policy/procedure the application of appropriate restraint equipment to prevent injury to individual or others. This activity can involve some element of danger and/or risk of injury. Gives appropriate commands to K-9 as situation dictates.
6. Enforces vehicle-parking program as required. Assists in traffic control for special events and as directed.
7. Participates in security training and continuing education programs including, but not limited to, mandatory K-9 training, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Techniques, Self Defense Tactics & Techniques leading to certification in the use of specialized equipment, i.e., handcuffs, OC Spray and Baton.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Internal Number: 2018-7534
Let’s transform healthcare together.
Every day, we bring patients convenient, coordinated access to healthcare while providing meaningful service to our community.
Join us and you will:
Develop professionally and achieve your career goals
Enrich your life with a focus on wellness
Enjoy a compassionate, caring culture with outreach to our local communities
Support the well-being of you and your family with a diverse portfolio of benefits
Welcome to HonorHealth.
We are a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. Our organization encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 10,500 employees and 3,100 volunteers, urgent care centers, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.