Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The office of Healthcare Compliance manages VUMC's compliance program. Our office mission is to ensure and promote the highest standards of business ethics. VUMC is committed to complying with all federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. Specifically, our office is tasked with:
· Preventing any accidental or intentional violations of law.
· Detecting violations if they occur.
· Immediately taking corrective measures if violations occur.
In this pivotal and rewarding role, you will be consulting with designated service areas with Vanderbilt as they respond to questions, evolve processes and partner with technical functions to establish best practices and maintain practice pathways to adhere to policy. Additionally, you will perform directed audits and recurring monitoring consistent with plans and processes. You also will be speaking with physicians and helping them to improve their documentation and ability to code.
Data and Trending Analysis
Perform analysis of data from internal and external sources to assess potential areas of risk to institution.
Work and Audit Plans
Prepare clear, concise and meaningful audit plans that identify the scope,universe and level of the effort warranted for each review.
Auditing and Monitoring
Performs independent audit reviews of contracts, systems, processes,documentation and billing.
Draft reports to present results to individuals from a broad spectrum ofdepartments and disciplines.
Retain appropriate documentation supporting process, methodology and results for each review
Knowledge and Research
Maintain current knowledge of policy and regulatory standard.
Participate in research of technical questions to gather information for appropriate resolution of issues.
· Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience)
· Experience in coding or coding audit is a MUST
· 3 years' experience in compliance related disciplines or clinical degree
· Demonstrated experience in internal audit principals and practices
· Certification in relevant healthcare auditing (AHIA) or coding (AAPC or AHIMA).
· Bachelor's Degree
· Health care experience
· Experience with Epic is a plus but we will train
· Monday-Friday, 8-5; flexibility extended and required based on business needs
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.