The Vanderbilt Resuscitation Training and Development team is searching for a highly motivated, organized, personable and skilled healthcare provider to join the team as a Learning Experience Designer - Course Director. The ideal candidate will be a paramedic, registered nurse, physician, respiratory therapist, or physician's assistant experienced in emergency care or critical care. It is preferred that the Course Director candidate be currently qualified as an American Heart Association instructor in BLS, ACLS, and/or PALS. The qualified candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and have a proven track record of modeling behaviors exemplary of the Vanderbilt CREDO. Prior teaching experience and experience leading small teams of people is preferred. The Course Director is responsible for the daily instructor led training operations and reports to the Manager of HR Learning – Resuscitation Training and Development.
The Resuscitation Training and Development Course Director is responsible for all aspects of resuscitation training courses. The Course Director serves as the primary operations contact on the day-of courses. In this role, the Course Director is the primary contact for instructors and course participants in resolving issues that may arise and assuring the efficiency of the training courses. This is a leadership position within the department, responsible for leading small teams to accomplish the work of the position.
In conjunction with the guidelines and materials provided by the American Heart Association, the Course Director designs and develops effective and engaging learning and educational training materials with occasional guidance. This position analyzes curricula to select the best methods to achieve desired performance and learning objectives. The Course Director utilizes technology to provide innovative, effective and engaging learning.
· Serves as Course Director for American Heart Association courses
· Serves as content expert for resuscitation training courses
· Assures quality of courses
· Serves as an instructor as needed
· Maintains all course materials and equipment
· Serves as primary contact when courses are audited by AHA
· Assures classrooms are set up for courses
· Implements new courses, or any changes to existing courses
· Mentors and on-boards new instructors
· Communicates effectively with instructors
· Monitors instructors to meet instructor renewal requirements
· Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with instructors and colleagues
· Assists with participant check-in and check-out as needed
· The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
· Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
· Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment and guidelines set forth by credentialing organization.
· Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Has expanded knowledge of critical care and emergency care treatment modalities related to resuscitation.
· Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
· Ability to utilize various technologies in the execution of job duties, including but not limited to:
o Audio visual equipment such as projectors, TV/Monitors, media players, etc.
o Computers, tablets, smart phones, and data storage devices
o Simulation equipment, cardiac rhythm simulators, manikins, etc.
o Medical equipment, such as defibrillators and various other pieces of equipment used in resuscitations
o Computer software for data management and communication (Microsoft Office), Learning Management Systems, etc.
· In depth knowledge of medical emergency response systems and protocols
· Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and other data related to treating cardiac arrest and peri-arrest situations
· Strong working knowledge of cardiovascular and pulmonary physiology in adults and children
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.