Proficiently prepares and processes new research proposals, amendments, continuing review applications, adverse events, assist the PI and AO in compiling budgets, and D&H accounts according to institutional and departmental policies and procedures and federal regulations.
· Possesses a basic awareness of the Federal regulations governing the protection of human subjects, e.g., FDA, OHRP, GCP/ICH guidelines, and HIPAA regulations
· Proficiently prepares and processes new IRB research proposals, amendments, continuing review applications and adverse events according to institutional and departmental policies and procedures and federal regulations
· Possesses a basic awareness of the Vanderbilt policies and regulations governing the protection of human subjects
Knowledge and understanding of the management and implementation of clinical trial operations
· Understanding and capability to perform the procedures required of each study protocol
· Prepares and stores critical documents required to be maintained and provided to the sponsor prior to,
· during and after the conduct of a clinical trial
· Performs packaging and ships study medication and specimens (blood, urine, etc.) to the sponsor or laboratory in accordance with IATA and sponsor shipping guidelines
· Participates in periodic site visits from sponsor, regulatory authorities and others to review research, source documentation and research procedures
· Participates in the determination of eligibility and recruits candidates for study participation. Troubleshoots trial recruitment strategies to ensure trials are completed in a timely manner through implementing effective screening and recruitment strategies and completing required documentation.
· Provides education and training to appropriate personnel and participants in research specific methodology and procedures
· Maintains open and positive communications with investigators, participants, co-workers, other departments and sponsors.
· Digests complex clinical information to determine if documentation is accurate, complete, and to ensure procedures contain appropriate safeguards. Ability to multi-task, managing multiple assignments while maintaining documentation and study visits and procedures in a timely manner.
· Understands standard of care versus research and continually assesses need for additional protections for the protection of research participants and the accuracy and appropriateness of research data.
Serves as an advocate for human subjects by establishing and maintaining communication with Investigators, research staff, Sponsors, participants and representatives of professional organizations, participant advocates, and the public responsible for, or concerned about, protections for human participants of research
· Assesses and evaluates potential participants pertinent medical and historical information to ensure only appropriate subjects are enrolled in clinical trials
· Participates in the ongoing informed consent process, ensuring that human subjects, their families, and other health care providers clearly understand what is expected of and from them in the course of participating in a clinical trial
· Utilizes nursing skills to complete research protocols including patient recruitment, screening, scheduling and organizing of study visits, enrollment, assessments, interviews, laboratory and diagnostic studies, medication dispensing and other protocol specific investigational procedures
· Independently uses and documents the nursing process to plan, deliver and evaluate goal focused, individualized, safe, age-specific care as it relates to uncomplicated research participants and with assistance for complicated research participants
· Performs procedures for research as they are described in the protocol, deviating from the protocol only when a subject's safety is at risk and reports all deviations from the protocol to the Principal Investigator and/or senior personnel who will determine of a protocol amendment or other safety assessments are required
· Maintains accurate records to document recruitment efforts, telephone follow-up interviews and research data
· Utilizes knowledge of disease processes to observe for and report adverse events in a timely and accurate manner to the principal investigator and all regulatory authorities (IRB, Sponsor, FDA, NIH, etc.) as required by protocol, policies and procedures and regulations
Keep abreast of trends in field of study and assist in the preparation of materials for publication
· Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars.
· Attend and/or make presentations at weekly research group personnel meetings.
· Edit and/or type manuscripts according to accepted practices.
· Conducts literature searches and assesses new information as appropriate regarding new studies and at the time of continuing review to keep up-to-date in the research field of study in order to determine if significant historical or new findings exist that may impact the risk/benefit ratio of the research participant
· Create information materials related to the research/study for dissemination to study participants, researchers, PIs, community.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.