Supervisor, Patient Care (RN) - Maternal Child Health
April 24, 2018
San Diego, California
Full Time - Experienced
Ensures nursing practice reflects established standards of care and practice and a culture that promotes patient safety. Under the general direction of the Patient Care Manager, shares leadership responsibilities for the nursing unit, including managing daily staffing plans. Ensures appropriate and timely use of bed placement technology (Teletracking) and adherence to care processes for bed placement/patient transfer/patient transport/room cleaning and patient discharge. Ensures the safe transition of patients thru the continuum of care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning and coordinating patient care, and direct hand-off to next appropriate level of care.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Two years applicable clinical experience, one of which is in a leadership role.
- Previous experience as a Charge Nurse or Supervisor in a Labor and Delivery or Mother Baby unit is required.
- Experience in Labor and Delivery preferred.
- Requires excellent skills in communication, problem-solving, team development, planning and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise the authority and responsibility for assigned services based on the scope of the organization and complexity of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited program.
- Current California RN license
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider and all competencies/certifications required of the charge RN on the unit.
- BSN and/or certification in area of specialty if applicable.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Internal Number: 1023641
About Scripps Health
Scripps Health is a $2.9 billion private, nonprofit, integrated health system in San Diego, California that is ranked among the top 15 health systems in the nation. Scripps treats 700,000 patients annually.The organization encompasses:•Four hospitals on five campuses•More than 3,000 affiliated physicians and 15,000 employees• Scripps Clinic and Scripps Coastal Medical Center, a network of integrated facilities with specialists from more than 60 medical and surgical specialties at more than 28 outpatient centers and clinics•Home health care•A wide range of health education classes and support services Founded in 1924 by philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps in the community of La Jolla, the health system now extends from Chula Vista to Oceanside. It is consistently recognized for providing high quality health care.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.