Providence is calling a Cardiology Clinical Care Coordinator (Cardiology, Days, Full time - 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Facilitate the flow of diagnostics testing through the office. This includes billing, entering and coordinating the reading of external studies, answering scheduling questions, collecting orders for diagnostic testing, correct documentation errors in reporting, manage STAT studies, coordinate call backs to referring physicians on diagnostic testing when requested, and monitor that orders are being entered correctly.
- Assist with various IT issues as they arise with physicians and staff. This can include printers, locating images, loading computer programs, addressing computer issues, and answering questions about Epic, Meditech, Stentor, Xcelera and PACs.
- Manage the recall system to ensure patients are being scheduled for follow up visits and testing.
- Load images received from referring offices into the appropriate system and send out internal images to requesting offices.
- Closely work with the reading doctor to ensure all studies are read in a timely manner. Bring all external studies and STAT internal studies to the attention of the physician.
- Assist Nuclear Medicine Manager and Lead Sonographer with various operational tasks. Monitor processes in diagnostic area to ensure they are being done accurately and efficiently.
- Adheres to Providence policies, procedures, and protocols.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with other Spokane Cardiology team members to help schedule, process, and manage the workqueues.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Degree or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- At least one year experience with Microsoft Office
- At least one year experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems. Epic, Meditech, Stentor, Xcelera preferred.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Care Nursing
Req ID: 153460