• Clinical Social Worker License issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences Examiners
• A Master's Degree from an accredited School of Social Work
• Possession of a CA Clinical Social Worker License (LCSW), active and unrestricted
• Clinical work experience in a social service or healthcare setting (such as case management or social worker)
• Proven ability to manage conflict
• Experience in taking psychosocial history and case management evaluations, including interview techniques, suicide assessments, and forensic designations
• Knowledge and skills in the areas of individual, group, and family therapy
• Basic understanding of community resources
• Demonstrated awareness of, and sensitivity to, dealings with cultural and socioeconomic diversity
• Basic understanding of computer and MS functionality
• Knowledge of child, elder abuse, and domestic violence reporting requirements, and other significant legislation and laws regulating social work practice, e.g., Tarasoff, patient confidentiality, etc. Ability to make appropriate interventions based on law and policy.
• Ability to work in a highly stressful jail custody setting, with incarcerated inmates which may present hazardous conditions, including working in a potentially crowded, malodorous, and noisy environment, of a highly restrictive and confining nature
• Willingness to work under an institutional 'No Hostage Policy.'
• Ability to pass and maintain the Sacramento Sheriff Department's Security Clearance
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including holidays and weekends, as scheduled and assigned.
• Social Work experience in a jail or correctional setting
• Knowledge of criminal justice system, state hospital system, forensic mental health networks, Probation, Parole, and Department of Corrections
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT