Providence is calling a Medical Technologist to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Provide accurate, timely, and cost effective laboratory testing of patient samples to aid in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Provide technical expertise to Providence Laboratory and other institutions.
- Perform technical laboratory procedures according to PAMC, lab, and national standards.
- Be responsible for completing records and reports, and other statistical information for master files or database.
- Use positive interpersonal skills to educate/support lab customers and promote success of team members.
- Comply with lab and hospital safety procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology required if MT or CLS certification eligible; equivalent training in lieu of a degree may be accepted but must be verified by the Laboratory Department and identified to Human Resources prior to the candidate's interview.
- Individuals qualifying for this position with a Bachelor's Degree must complete certification as either a Medical Technologist (MT) from the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP), Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) from the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)(ASCP) within one year of hire; individuals qualifying for this position with equivalent certification must be verified by the Lab department and identified to Human Resources prior to the candidate's interview.
- Ability to use microscopes in hematology and microbiology.
About the Laboratory
This is a great opportunity to be employed by one of the largest Laboratories in Alaska, performing over 1.1 million tests/year. We have the latest technology including core lab automation and provide state of the art patient care in chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, blood bank, anatomic pathology and flow cytometry.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 151933