Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Salud Medical Center
Provides supervision and leadership to the Community Health Service staff and provides all clinical oversight at defined CHS sites.
YVFWC is a NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program eligible site.
Are you an experienced professional looking to make a positive difference in the community as a Public Health Nurse Supervisor? Are you ready to use your leadership skills to guide and grow our Maternity Case Management program? Do you want to use your skills to provide direct, one-on-one care to underserved and at-risk patients? Do you want to help guide expectant mothers toward positive life changes to improve their health and ensure a healthier pregnancy and baby? Are you interested in occasional work with clients in their environment through home visits? Are you looking for competitive pay and better work-life balance? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you!
What we're looking for:
- A compassionate and caring individual who understands social determinants of health and has the desire to work with maternal and pediatric clients throughout the pregnancy and maternity cycle.
- An RN who is passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- A clear communicator who is able to build strong relationships with Community Health Services staff, clinic staff, and community partners.
What you'll do:
- Work in collaboration with a care team including nurses, social workers, case managers, and dietitians to assess risk level and develop a care plan with the goal of promoting healthy birth outcomes for MCM program clients.
- work with and supervise a multidisciplinary CHS team
- Build relationships and trust with community partners, supervise varying staff disciplines, and work in conjunction with the medical clinics to provide maternity case management to our OB population.
- Supervise and support staff working to increase access for medical care with an adult population at the Rosewood Family Medical Clinic.
- Work with staff to schedule home visits to carry out health coaching and interventions, and encouraging clients' active participation in their care plan.
- Provide education and care where the client learns best, whether in their home or in the clinic; document the care provided and collaborate with the care team during case reviews
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with an occasional Saturday. Eight paid holidays.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Hiring bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- No night shifts, no on-call rotations
- Differential pay for candidates who score a 10 or higher on Spanish language ALTA scale (bilingual English/Spanish skills are helpful but not required).
- Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine, profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off (19 days per year for full-time positions), paid holidays, continuing education, and more.
What do you need?
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Oregon RN license or ability obtain prior to starting work
- Driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. YVFWC serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
The Pacific Northwest
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. Eastern Washington and Oregon, shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high mountains, tend to be sunny and arid.
The two climates enable farms and orchards to produce a bounty of different fruits, berries and vegetables. And with 22 appellations, Washington and Oregon are also celebrated for their world-class wines.
No matter where you live in the Pacific Northwest, you will be within an easy drive to a thriving metropolitan area, offering fine shopping, theatres, museums and galleries. The area also boasts progressive public and private schools and world-class universities.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.