Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Cardiovascular Surgery 1st Assist RN who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida HospitalOrlando Facility Profile
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando,serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Our expanding Cardiovascular Operating Room performs over 3,500 procedures a year offering challenging and rewarding work in both adult and pediatric cardiac surgery. We possess an extensive minimally invasive program using the latest Robotic and Thoracoscopic treatment technologies. The Pediatric Congenital Heart Program has expanded to produce optimal outcomes for the pediatric population. As part of the Transplant Institute, we perform heart and lung transplants. An OR internship training program, department in-service education programs and a professional practice advancement ladder are offered as well. In addition, we offer opportunities for RN’s to both scrub and circulate.
Florida Hospital Orlando’s Cardiovascular Institute is a State of the Art, Comprehensive Surgical Center supporting both Adult and Pediatric Patients (Coronary Revascularization, Heart Valve Replacement/Repair, TAVR, Laser Lead procedures, LVAD/ECMO, and Complex Aortic Procedures). We are proud to present a new Hybrid Room and Pediatric OR allowing our team of surgeons, nurses and surgical technologist the most comprehensive available technology to better serve our community. The Cardiovascular Institute has received National Recognition on Quality and Innovation as we continue to enhance our patient experience as a leading provider for Cardiovascular Care.
As a Cardiovascular First Assist RN with Orlando, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere.
The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) initiates appropriate behaviors unique to first assisting, under direct supervision of the surgeon. Applies knowledge of surgical anatomy and physiology and operative technique relating to operative procedures, while maintaining a sterile environment. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Performs specialized nursing care in all phases of the peri-operative role.
Knowledge, Skills,Education and Experience Required
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively to carry out job requirements
- Cognitive, psychomotor,and affective behaviors that demonstrate accountability and responsibility for identifying and meeting the needs of peri-operative patients
- ACLS certification
- BLS certification
- Graduate of Nursing school
- Graduate of RNFA program
- 2 years surgical scrub experience
- 2 years surgical nurse experience
- Articulates comprehensive knowledge of advanced nursing theory and specialty nursing theory and practice for all age groups (preferred)
- Computer knowledge and skills (preferred)
- BSN (preferred)
- 2 years RNFA experience(preferred)
- 4 years surgical nurse experience (preferred)
Licensure,Certification or Registration Required
- Current Florida state licensure as RN
- CNOR Certification(through the AORN-Association of Operating Room Nurses)
- RNFA Certification required within one (1) year of being granted permission to practice, through officially recognized organization
- Privileges in good standing through FH medical Staff
- Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance,Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Identifies and develops individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient’s age. Evaluates patient’s developmental level,identifies increased physical / emotional dependency needs and evaluates the availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served. Identifies the need for patient/ family teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
- Provides first assistance intra-operatively and under the direction of the surgeon which includes providing tissue exposure, handling, and/or cutting of tissue,cauterizing tissue, providing homeostasis and suturing, applying dressings, as well as performing other duties as assigned in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the state of Florida.
- Adheres strictly toRNFA intra-operative protocols, guidelines and privileges/credentials for RNFA functions within those guidelines. Exercises critical thinking skills in all aspects of the RNFA role while maintaining a safe peri-operative environment.
- Adheres to job description for Operating Room RN (See RN job description).
- Adheres to AORN recommendations and practices standards.
- Functions as a Patient Safety Advocate and assures patients rights for privacy, safety and confidentiality at all times.
- Recognizes emergency situations, abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, blood gas values, radiologic data and reacts efficiently and appropriately.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!