In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Do you possess a degree with a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position? (Your transcripts must be attached.)
POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: This position has a Positive Education Requirement. In order to verify that you meet the positive education qualifications for this position, you should submit a complete copy of the transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (Course title, semester/quarter hours and grade). Failure to submit this information may result in an ineligible rating. You may submit your transcripts or list of college courses through the "Application Manager" or by fax. This is the only method in which transcripts can be submitted. Failure to provide this information may result in an ineligible rating. (Faxing instructions may be found under the "How to Apply" section.)
Minimum Qualifications GS -11
Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and/or education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the Genetics Counselor, GS-0601-11. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector such as:
· Providing genetic counseling to patients and /or their families.
· Providing family history assessment to parents of children with genetic disorders and syndromes of multiple congenital anomalies with or without mental retardation.
· Preparing Intake evaluations and compiling detailed family histories and constructs them into a pedigree form.
· Presenting educational programs on genetic and hereditary disorders to professionals, citizens, groups and general consumers of such service.
OR you have 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Education must be directly related to the work of the position.
OR you have a combination of A and B above.
Minimum Qualifications GS-12
Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and/or education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the Genetics Counselor, GS-0601-12. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector such as:
· Identifying families at risk, interpreting information about the disorder, analyzing inherent patterns and reviewing available options with the family.
· Presenting educational programs on genetic and hereditary disorders to professionals, citizens groups and general consumers.
· Serving as the patient advocate by referring patients to various support services and collecting follow up information and other outcome metrics.
· Ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests.
HOW TO APPLY: In order to apply to this position you must visit https://www.usajobs.gov/getjob/viewdetails/461801600/ and follow the instructions under the How to Apply Section. This is the only way you can apply. We are not able to accept resumes from the National Society of Genetic Counselors website.