Responsible for the supervision of the billing, collecting, post payment review, credit balances and correspondence functions of all aged government, non-government and Patient accounts. This position is responsible for managing supervising and coordinating team efforts toward a specific service delivery function of CHRISTUS Health. The position provides coaching, feedback, and corrective action to PFS Associates where needed. Responsible for assuring that standard process discipline is adhered to. Assures that high performance work team is developed through coaching, mentoring and daily shift briefings.
REVENUE CYCLE BUSINESS SERVICES STANDARDS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
* Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
* Consistently supports the organizations Associate Satisfaction goals established by creating a positive work environment for our associates. Ensures departmental Associate Satisfaction goals are achieved annually.
* Manages Supervises a professional staff to ensure the financial goals & objectives are achieved monthly for each area of responsibility.
* Responsible for the review of performance metrics to achieve management by fact and management for results objectives:
a. Identifies shortcomings in performance
b. Uses analytical tools to execute root cause analysis and corrective action
* Assures daily team briefings, metrics tracking, and prompt resolution of issues, problems and opportunities.
* Generates enthusiasm and commitment among employees; fosters and reinforces team-based results.
* Provides continuous educational and coaching toward improvement.
* Fosters a High Performance Work Team Environment.
* Provides Mentoring and feedback for associates.
* Adheres to departmental standards to not make, take, or pass mistakes.
* Maintains the team discipline of following all elements of established standard processes (work management tools, standard operating procedures).
* Works with RCBS Associates to maintain a clean and orderly workplace using 5S principles and practices.
* Supervises the work of PFS employees by empowering, coaching, answering questions, giving guidance, and leading by example.
* Maintains detailed knowledge of state and federal laws. Ensures that current processes are reviewed and updated to meet regulatory requirements.
* Maintains ongoing knowledge of all standard bill forms and other mandatory state billing forms and filing requirements. This includes 837, 835, 272 and 276 HIPAA transactions.
* Identifies possible trends or issues and provides possible solutions. Communicates and escalates information to Leadership and internal/external Customers.
* Exhibits an understanding of CPT, HCPCS and ICD9 coding regulations and guidelines.
* Monitors billing, collections, post payment review, and correspondence activities to ensure timely completion and identify any improvement opportunities.
* In coordination with the unit Manager, monitors and conducts performance reviews and provides feedback to team members. Works with team members to improve, track, and develop in areas of poor performance.
* Actively participates in PFS projects and system upgrades.
* Proactively evaluates processes to identify progressive solutions.
* Ability to identify issues and determine appropriate levels of escalation.
* Communicate issues effectively and professionally to all levels within the organization.
* Evaluates key performances indicators to ensure they are meeting business needs.