- Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in human or juvenile psychology or related field;
- Must have residential experience
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor credential
- Possession of a driver's license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Ability to obtain first aid, CPR, medication disbursement, bloodborne pathogens, and physical restraint training certification;
- Some knowledge of human behavior, mental health, juvenile justice, social problems, and the basic principles of human psychology;
- Ability to enforce institutional rules firmly and fairly;
- Ability to supervise a small group of clients in a closed environment;
- Ability to prepare records and reports;
- Ability to deal courteously yet firmly with clients, their families, and the public.
Hours: Full-time. Work schedule consists of a variety of shifts to include early morning, midday and evening hours. Must be open to covering other shifts as needed.
Salary Range & Benefits: $50,722-81,304 depending on qualifications. Benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, credit union membership, free parking, and more. See www.fallschuchva.gov/HR for additional information.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to the City of Falls Church, Human Resources Department, 300 Park Avenue, Suite 102W, Falls Church, VA 22046, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received by January 23, 2017 will receive priority consideration.
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation with the agreement of the Human Resources Department. Requests should be directed to the Human Resources Department. The City of Falls Church does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
All City Facilities Are Smoke Free
12 VA 17.05