Summary of Duties:
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is the leadership position that serves to strengthen the relationship between hospital administration and the medical staff, supervises the employed physicians, directs the operations of the Tuality Medical Group, and fosters a culture of patient safety. The CMO is expected to work closely with the Chief of Staff and clinical section Chiefs and other physician leaders within the Tuality organization in furthering the mission of the organization. The CMO will provide medical leadership and direction to the employed physician group, Tuality Medical Group (TMG), consisting of over 50 providers including primary care and specialists. The CMO will recruit, direct, mentor and supervise the licensed professionals employed in TMG. The CMO is the direct supervisor of the Director of TMG Operations, who has day-to-day operational responsibility for TMG support staff and clinic operations.
- Education: MBA or other advanced management degree preferred.
- License: Maintains Oregon licensure; accreditation to practice within realm of specialty; active staff membership in good standing with the medical staff of the hospital with all privileges and responsibilities accorded such membership. Physician must maintain each of the qualifications listed. Board certification or eligibility with expected certification.
- Experience and Skills: A minimum of five plus years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare setting required, Medical Practice Administrator, CMO or VPMA experience including at least five years as a practicing physician. Possess the following experience/skills:
- Medical Staff relations
- Staff management/team building and delegation
- Strategic planning
- Quality improvement management
- Process improvement experience such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Financial management experience with value based payer contracting and population based metrics
- Demonstrated knowledge of metric-based compensation structures
- Demonstrated interest in and use of clinical informatics
- Solid knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation process
- Demonstrated knowledge of the emerging care models and health policy that informs visionary thinking.
- Working knowledge of case management, disease management, and population health programs
- Knowledge of quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management.
- Uses appropriate communication skills with Board, physicians, and employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results.
- Must have good oral skills for presentations to both large and small groups including Board, administration, management, employees, and community groups.
- Management skills required, including effective writing skills.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize a personal computer, for spreadsheet and data analysis, and communications (including internet/e-mail experience).
- Demonstrates financial management skills including budgeting and understanding/interpreting financial statements.
- Presents professional image that is self-assured and results oriented.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY or you may contact Travis Mack at firstname.lastname@example.org