Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Women's Care Florida - Employment Opportunities
Women’s Care Florida’s mission is to improve the lives of women every single day. At the very heart of this commitment are a team of outstanding healthcare providers.
Women’s Care Florida is passionate about providing the highest quality of care and service, but more importantly, we continuously find new ways to improve the lives of our patients. – Andrew Mintz, CEO
I am very proud of our organization and the dedication to excellence exhibited by everyone, every day. I am thrilled about our pledge to improve the health of the women we serve, and I am absolutely convinced that Women’s Care Florida will continue to maintain its leadership role in women’s healthcare locally and nationally. – Ignacio Armas, Chairman, Board of Directors
Are you prepared to:
Provide the highest quality of care through evidence based guidelines and best safety practices?
Treat our patients like mothers, sisters, and daughters?
Be attentive to our patients’ thoughts and feelings?
Act respectfully towards every person, every day?
Pursue excellence through continuous learning?
Assume responsibility for your actions and behaviors?
If you answered “YES!” to all of these questions, you could be an outstanding fit at Women’s Care Florida!
Women’s Care Florida is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant with GYN/Oncology surgical experience to join an amazing team in Brandon and Tampa. Lakeland, Florida. The preferred candidate will have 2+ years of surgical assist experience.
Position: Physician Assistant GYN/Oncology
Position Summary: This position will have Office and Surgical responsibilities outlined below and will share 1:3 call responsibility. The practice utilizes an electronic medical record system (EclinicalWorks).
Key duties of Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues to provide comprehensive women’s health care throughout the lifespan, with an emphasis on reproductive, gynecologic, and family-centered health education while administering quality patient care.
2. Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population from menarche through the reminder of the lifespan.
3. Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic acute and chronic healthcare issues.
4. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
5. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
6. Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
7. Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
8. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
9. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
10. May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
11. Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
12. This position will share call responsibility 1:3 first call for the practice.
Women's Care Florida - Employment Opportunities
1. Performs first assistant duties and assists with surgical procedures under the supervision of surgeon.
2. Conducts hospital rounds.
3. Performs admission history and physicals.
4. Writes progress orders and formulates treatment plans in conjunction with surgeon.
5. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
6. Evaluates and clarifies clinical conditions.
7. Handles discharge planning and dictates discharge summaries.
REQUIREMENTS: Education: Master of Science in Nursing from accredited school of nursing. Completion of an approved Physician Assistant school.
· Registered as PA in the State of Florida.
· Licenses/Certifications: Florida PA license required. Prescriptive Privileges required.
· Current CPR certification required.
· 2+ years GYN, Surgical, or Oncology experience preferred as a PA.
· Must be a quick and efficient self -starter.
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred, not required.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate on experience
Internal Number: 83
BACK TO TOP
You are about to leave NRHA’s website and go to an external website.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.