As an integral member of the primary care team (including physicians, advance practice clinicians, nurses, case managers and medical assistants) the Behavioral Health Clinician works to identify, triage, plan, manage and provide behavioral health services for patients with overlapping physical and behavioral health needs. The Behavioral Health Clinician provides assessment, brief psychotherapy, referral, psycho-education and skills-training through a variety of strategies focused on improving mental, physical and social health. Patients are served in individual and group settings. The BHC provides consultation and feedback to the primary care team to inform patient care and support improved physical and mental health outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess experience and skills spanning a variety areas:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish constructive working relationships with physicians, advanced care practitioners, nurses, case managers, other clinic staff and community practitioners and resources;
2. Ability to establish rapport and professional relationship with patients from all strata of the community who experience a broad range of emotional, mental and behavioral health disorders typically in conjunction with physical health needs;
3. Ability to intervene in difficult, confrontational and/or crisis situations in a manner which works to de-escalate tensions while maintaining safety and seeking resolution;
4. Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, policies and procedures and government regulations;
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, tolerate interruptions, and shift focus quickly to respond to immediate needs within the clinic;
6. Ability to use computer keyboard and ODCHC software applications;
7. Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) by the State of California as Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, or Marriage Family Therapist;
8. Experience in similar position in a community health center;
9. Have reliable means of transportation to travel throughout ODCHC service area and to meetings outside of the area as necessary, including an insurable driving record and California Driver’s License as necessary.
Additional Salary Information: Fully benefited position
We are Northern California’s largest provider of primary medical, dental and behavioral health care. We have 12 clinics serving more than 55,000 patients each year with more than 100 professional colleagues and 400 support staff in a team based integrated approach to health care. We focus on prevention, self-management and health maintenance, engaging our patient’s as a central part of the health ...care team
Open Door Community Health Centers was established in 1971. For more than 45 years we have been responsive to the health care needs our community, now the medical home to more than 60% of the area’s residents. We are a private non-profit FQHC with stable and innovative management. We strive to maintain an environment in which you can provide comprehensive care, superior quality and outstanding service. We encourage a collaborative, integrated team approach.
We are nestled among the giant redwoods on California’s north coast between the Trinity Alps and the Pacific Ocean. This is a rural area with several population centers offering something for all but the most hard-core urbanite. Fear not, we have all the amenities of a big city, without the traffic. Our recreational and cultural opportunities will amaze, amuse, and fulfill your wishes year-round.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.