The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), a national organization representing approximately 2,800 local health departments (LHDs) nationwide, has an immediate opening for full-time Senior Program Analyst, HIV, STI, & Viral Hepatitis.
The Senior Program Analyst is responsible for managing, implementing, and promoting project activities; identifying and responding to member needs; and assessing policies and programs. The Senior Program Analyst is considered a senior content expert. This position may supervise the work of Program Analysts and administrative support staff.
Senior Program Analysts typically report to a Director or Senior Director. Work at this level requires substantial knowledge in the designated area, with both the conceptual understanding and sufficient professional experience to work on complex assignments with minimal supervision. Senior Program Analysts require proven analytical, research, and project management capabilities, as well as the ability to work on projects of a highly confidential and sensitive nature and interface with the highest level of internal and external stakeholders.
Program Specific Information
NACCHO’s HIV, STI, and Viral Hepatitis program aims to strengthen the capacity of local health departments by providing technical and capacity building assistance, developing and disseminating tools and resources, and facilitating information exchange, peer engagement, and learning. The program contributes to NACCHO’s overall mission to be a leader, partner, catalyst, and voice for local health departments and supports NACCHO’s work to advocate on behalf of local health departments with federal policymakers for adequate resources, appropriate public health legislation, and sensible policies to address the myriad of challenges facing communities. The Senior Program Analyst will play a key role in implementing and expanding NACCHO’s efforts to support local health department HIV, STI, and viral hepatitis programs. The Senior Program Analyst’s core activities support projects funded by CDC’s Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention and Division of Viral Hepatitis, as well as other related projects to increase local health department capacity to address hepatitis B and C and respond to the infectious disease consequences of the opioid epidemic. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to develop and execute new projects, work with minimal direction, and possess expertise and experience in the prevention, care, and treatment of HIV, STIs, and viral hepatitis, harm reduction for persons who use drugs, public health partnerships with the healthcare system, the impact of policy on health department HIV, STI, and viral hepatitis programs, and the provision of technical and capacity building assistance.
As a member of NACCHO’s larger Infectious Disease team, the Senior Program Analyst will have the opportunity to provide strategic direction and support to program areas across the team and will be encouraged to look for opportunities across all NACCHO program areas to support, expand, and leverage NACCHO’s HIV, STI, and viral hepatitis programmatic work.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES
• Uses skills, experiences, and content knowledge to develop, plan, implement, monitor, evaluate, and promote programmatic work and ensures completion of program deliverables. • Supervises or oversees programmatic staff supporting the completion of deliverables. • Supports the development of programmatic reports by creating content, analyzing data, and synthesizing project activities. • Contributes to long-term project and strategic planning. • Supports the identification of and application for additional funding to support designated area of work. • Supports project budget development and management in accordance with project work plans. • Maintains situational awareness of research, policies, and practices relevant to designated area of work. • Collaborates with other staff, NACCHO members, and external partners in developing internal and external publications, including peer-reviewed journal articles, educational materials and other public health tools, project summaries, and research briefs. • Develops presentations, scientific posters, and exhibits to share and promote project findings at professional and public meetings and conferences. • Provides technical and capacity building assistance to local health departments and other partners and stakeholders at the local, state, national, and federal levels. • Develops, coordinates, and implements trainings, facilitated meetings, and other events for local health departments and partners and stakeholders at the local, state, national, and federal levels. • Facilitates development of policy statements and organizational responses to federal actions. • Serves as a liaison to NACCHO members and partners and communicates regularly with these groups regarding funding opportunities, conferences and trainings, and other information related to their designated area of work. • Represents NACCHO at external meetings and conferences related to designated area of work. • Assists the Director in other matters as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and certification in relevant professional field with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience; or Master’s degree or certification in relevant professional field with a minimum of 4-5 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification.
Knowledge • Knowledge of a range of public health issues and policies at the local, state, and/or federal level • Knowledge of project management practices • Knowledge of association or membership organization environments • Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel
Skills • Intermediate program evaluation skills • Strong organizational skills • Excellent writing skills • Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills • Excellent analytical skills • Strong attention to detail
Abilities • Ability to read and interpret documents, such as reports, policy statements, and other relevant literature • Ability to write routine reports and correspondence • Ability to speak effectively before groups of partner organizations, members, and colleagues within NACCHO • Ability to understand, explain, and calculate appropriate statistics, when necessary • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form • Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations • Ability to provide information with consideration of mental, emotional, cultural, social and physical factors
• Full-time, Exempt, TERM: This position is considered Fiscal Year term, however it is a mission critical role. NACCHO will continually strive to maintain funding for all positions.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,120.00-$76,000.00 annually, commensurate with experience
• SELECTION PROCESS: We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample with salary requirements to: PN-99 Senior Program Analyst, HIV, STI & Viral Hepatitis: https://naccho.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/d2d2807b-8e84-517a-7c24-d8cf9ca0962c/apply?source=618991-CS-2909
• NACCHO offers generous benefits plan including but not limited to 13 days of sick leave annual leave allowable accumulation up to 225 hours, and paid vacation leave, as well as other types of leave. NACCHO benefits include a generous health, dental, and vision plan, 5 percent of base salary contribution to 403(b) plan, (not a matching contribution); paid short and long term disability plan and paid term life insurance. NACCHO also offers discounted gym membership.
• At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
Olorum, sequi ad magnati nvenist ibusciis aut rae. Eritect ibusandandem hilitiam imus por simolest, iscieni moloreped quamus, velesedi totatemodis del il il ium experum erestio. Nam que sandebit volorestium dolor si toriae.